Questions and Answers

How long will it take a boy to ejaculate?

nikki asks:

I'm bleeding a lot after sex! What's wrong with me?

Elle asks:

I'm worried because I bleed after having sex. At first it was only a little bit, but now it's a lot!
I don't know what's wrong with me.

To have sex or not to have sex: that's the question.

Eoin asks:

I appreciate your site, and have been reading as much of it (along with several other sources) as I can, and discussing topics with family and close friends and the information is very helpful. However, I still feel amazingly overwhelmed, confused and scared about sex and was hoping I could get some direct help.

I am a 17 year old virgin guy and have a 14 year old girlfriend, as well as (and I do hate myself for this) a would-be lover (my friend's girlfriend). I love and (I believe) am loved by both of them, although at our ages I think it is hard to tell sometimes (uncertainty about feelings, the drama vs. love that you have mentioned, "is it just a casual boyfriend/girlfriend thing", etc). Anyways, I have heard many different opinions about the first time especially in emotional and spiritual terms, and also have my own personal fears and complications.

First, I am worried because I am uncertain about sex being "such a big deal". Honestly I would hope that it is not and I think I may have been close-minded to that effect. Specifically among my concerns are some statements on your site (forgive me and correct if my paraphrasing compromises the intent):

Can I just use EC instead of other birth control?

LizzyUK2002 asks:

I am going to have sex with my boyfriend soon, but I am really scared about getting pregnant. We are going to use a condom but I'm paranoid that I'm going to get pregnant. I could go on the pill but my mum wont let me.. so I'm going to ask my friend's mum, also. If I could get the morning after pill and take it just in case it won't harm me will it?

We're ready to have sex, and want the best protection!

Boi884I asks:

Hello, I am 18 years old and I have been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years. We really want to have sex and we are both ready; HOWEVER she wants to get the best protection method, as do I. So our plan is to get condoms and then birth control. The thing is, we don't know how soon the pill works and how expensive it is to buy it. As well we wanted to know what days in her cycle is she at low risk of pregnancy (including the use of condom)? As well how would you talk about it with a parent? Thanks.

Am I pregnant? (And, why feeling you have to lie and go without protection isn't okay.)

Anonymous asks:

I had sex a few days after my period and I made sure it was over. I lied to my boyfriend bout it so that I had time to make sure it was clean. 3 weeks later I had my period. My periods are usually irregular so I figured it's okay. But I'm still so so worried. Please help! Could I be pregnant? I haven't been feeling anything at all and I've only done it once, just that night. No sperm came out either.

Can't orgasm because of antidepressants?

shinyverse893 asks:

My boyfriend and I are both sophomores in high school. We've been together for two years, and it's a first relationship for both of us. We've decided to wait to have actual sex until we're out of high school, but we are sexually active (as in generally being sexually intimate, including oral sex, basically everything but the actual act). My problem is, no matter how intense whatever we're doing gets, he can't come. We didn't think it was a problem, but now he's at the point where he feels like he should... just can't. Since this is a first relationship, we both have no prior experience and are really at a loss as what to do. He's really shy and won't talk to his doctor about it, so I decided to ask here. He's on Zoloft (depression meds) so we're wondering if that might have something to do with it. He's been able to a couple times that we know of in his sleep, but other than that it isn't working. He's incredibly worried that there's something wrong with him. Any advice would really be appreciated. Thank you!

Birth control pills: the placebos, period timing and condom backup

Anonymous asks:

Hello, I love your site very much as it offers straight and honest answers to questions that we ask ourselves every day. Thanks a lot for that ^_^

I am 23 years old, and I have 1 1/2 questions. I am currently taking Loestrin24 Fe and have been on it for about a year and a half. My main use for it was to help with painful cramps I would get every month, but now I have become sexually active with my fiance. We were both virgins who believe that sex should only be shared by two people who are truly in love and I know that I can trust him 100%. So STDs are really not an issue and I have been having sex without any other form of contraception other than birth control. My first question is as follows, is it possible/more likely to get pregnant while taking the inactive pills of the birth control cycle pack? Is it absolutely necessary to use a condom as a secondary form of birth control while I am on the inactive pills?

My next and main question is this, currently I start my pill pack on a Monday, and with this specific birth control I start the inactive pills on a Thursday therefore I get my "period" on a Saturday. I don't want to get my period on a weekend anymore, so what is the best way to restart my cycle so that I get it say on a Monday or Tuesday. Would it be okay to just take the inactive pills up to Sunday which is the last day I am currently taking them, go without taking ANY pills for two days and start the new pack on a Wednesday-- or should I just skip some of the inactive pills altogether? Thanks a lot for your time, your site is very helpful :)

I come way too soon and I just can't deal!

Chris asks:

This question is about Premature Ejaculation, nowhere on the internet will give me any free advice or help so I really appreciate some real advice on thus one. I'm 20 years old and I have a girlfriend.

We been having sex a lot, when I get to see her, (she lives in another city in the time being but when I do see her), the tension is high in our sexual urges and have a lot of it. I have a very confused penis as it would last normally (let's say 10 minutes) but then more often it goes out of control and I ejaculate to soon.

She is very supportive and tries to go slow or is patient when I have to stop every 5 seconds. But come on, this isn't sex. I'm fighting a battle every time. I try to relax and use different condoms for sensitivity but I still get the same end result PE! I do know I have a high sex drive ( I love the idea of sex a lot) she is hot and the fact she wants it all the time is hot too but I find sometimes it makes me a bit nervous because of my problem.

I know in my past I do get stressed, sometimes I don't sleep regularly, or get the proper exercise as needed, and I got a lot on my mind but I know others like that and they don't have PE or at least tell me that. When I was with her I wasn't stressed or anything and I still get it. Can you please help me.

I want it, she doesn't.

easywurie asks:

How will I be able to make love to my girlfriend, because we have talked about it but she didn't agree.
What should I do?

Is my discharge normal?

Anonymous asks:

Hi, I am 18-years old. Currently, I am experiencing some brown color discharge that is thick and sticky, some what that looks like blood. Before my discharge turned brown, I have white, sticky discharge then greenish one. They are odorless. The situation has been occurring for past 3 months. Most of the time is 2 weeks after my period. Is my discharge normal or abnormal? Should I seek for doctor's advice?

She took Plan B and now she has her period. Can she still be pregnant?

JustAnOrdinaryPerson asks:

First thank you for taking the time to read my question.
Anyways... my girlfriend (19) and I (also 19) recently became sexually active. We are both virgins and have no diseases. I got tested just in case just to make sure. Well we have had sex a few times with protection. Then this passed Wednesday (the 2nd of January) about 2pm, we had sex but I'm not sure I believe the condom broke because once I pulled out I noticed she had white liquid on her which I believed to be sperm. She said she had an orgasm and thinks maybe thats what it was. But any who, just to play it safe around 6pm the same day we went end got the Plan B pill and she took it, and took the 2nd pill around 5am the next morning. The thing is she was supposed to start her period soon and the very next day (Thursday) night she did (which was the same day of the month as the previous period). Well we were wondering if she could be pregnant? Today is the 5th and all of that happened within a short amount of time.

Sex (on the 2nd)- Plan B (on the 2nd)- period (on the 3rd)

So what im asking really is...
1) Is her period to early to actually know if she got pregnant? Or is it a sign she isn't?
2) If it isn't a sign of anything since its too early, could it increase the chance of her not being pregnant?
3) Can we get a pregnancy test 20 days from intercourse or do we have to wait until the next period?

p.s thanks again this will be a huge help

Will they know that I've had sex?

Anonymous asks:

Hi, I have lost my virginity 3 years back. I also had an abortion based on tablet method when I was 1 and half months pregnant. Will my anyone be able to detect that I lost my virginity if they have intercourse with me? Please help!

Will my boobs get bigger if I go on the pill?

goov9 asks:

Hey guys. I'm 18 and have really small breasts, I'm like a 32A, but I'm also only 5'3 and around 110 pounds. I got my period when I was 13 and my breasts have not gotten any larger. When I first got my period, I was around 135 pounds at my heaviest, but they were not any bigger then than they are now (I didn't go on a diet, the weight just melted away). I want to go on the pill to regulate my period because I still don't really get it regularly, however it is becoming more predictable. I was wondering if I go on the pill my breasts will get larger, because maybe since I'm not getting my period as steady as I should, and maybe it has to do with my hormone levels or something, if going on the pill will make them bigger? And what about helping with acne?(And my mom is a small B cup btw).
THANKS for your help!

I took my pill two hours late. Is this okay?

Jellybean102999 asks:

Hi, my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and we just had sex for the first time the other day. I'm on the pill, but I'm still really nervous because he came inside of me. I had gotten my period on Monday and started my new cycle of the pill. My period ended Wednesday and we had sex Thursday night. On Tuesday and Wednesday, I took my pill at 8:30 at night, but I usually take it at 6:30 pm. Then on Thursday, I took it at 6:30. Is this a problem? I've been so paranoid the last few days and I can't get my mind off of it. All of my friends keep telling me that I'm fine. I had a little stomach ache Friday morning, the day after we had sex. That made me even more nervous and I kept thinking I had morning sickness! All of my friends use the pill and their boyfriends ejaculate in them all the time, even when my friends forget to take their pill one night or something. I've been on the pill since August now, so my body is used to it. Do I have a lot to worry about?! I keep freaking out and asking my friends millions of questions and they keep telling me I'm fine. I feel fine and I don't feel any different after that stomach ache I had, but I'm still thinking about it. Thanks for your help!

We had sex for 10 seconds; am I pregnant?

Anonymous asks:

I am a 15 year-old girl and me and my boyfriend started to mess around. We ended up having sex but only for a few seconds, seriously, under 10 seconds. I know it wasn't a lot and I've read some of your other answers to others so I do know that even if it's short there is always a risk; but I honestly want to know what the chances are of me being pregnant from such a short amount of time of sex. I want an honest answer. Not just something you think you should say to scare me into using protection. We are both scared and will never do this again till we are older. I'm sick of worrying and just want an honest, straight forward answer. I've been having most of the same signs of having my period, but I've read that that could also be signs of pregnancy so I don't know what to think. Please help me. Thank you.

I'm not comfortable with my body; does this mean I'm not ready for sex?

Anonymous asks:

I'm 16 years-old and I have been going out with this truly amazing guy I have known for nearly five years. We have been dating for 2 months, but I feel as if we have really connected physically and emotionally. We talk openly about sex and express ourselves as mature and intelligent young adults. The problem is that I have difficulties accepting myself physically. I have very very small breasts and a petite frame and that keeps me from experimenting sexually with my partner. I know I have a great personality and other good features, but I cannot help feeling like a child. Is my underdevelopment or my insecurity a sign that I am not ready for sex?

Thank you.

My GF was fingered by her ex without her consent; Is she still a virgin?

Anonymous asks:

Yeah, so I'm a guy and I actally need some info. Its probably pretty weird, but I really need some info on my gf. I am a religious person and very straight-edge; I abstain from pre-maritial sex and alcohol and whatnot. A while back my girlfriend told me that she had an ex-boyfriend that fingered her w/o her consent. She tried to give him a second chance, but he did it again, so she stayed away from him. She was too afraid to tell him that hat he did was not ok with her. She is very upright too and was crying and everthing else when telling me this. I have no knowledge about female sex stuff, but is she still a virgin? It really upsets her to talk about it, so I dont like doing it, but would she have felt the same way she did as if she were having sex? Does that mak her a virgin or not

When does pre-cum come out of a guy's penis?

Love11 asks:

When does pre-cum come out of a guy's penis? Does it come out when he gets an erection or does it come out when he is actually having sex? Does it depend on the guy?

It's normal to start a family in the military, but do you think he's ready?

Anonymous asks:

I am 19 and a Cpl in the Marine Corps. I recently got married to my high school sweetheart who is also a Cpl in the Marine Corps. I have always wanted to be a mother since before I can remember, I really want to have a baby but don't know for sure if my husband is ready for that kind of responsibility. I know that 19 is very young to have a baby but in the Marine Corps it is perfectly normal to have a child already. I don't know what to do.

Lubricant (not diamonds) is a girl's best friend.

Meg asks:

Every once in a while I will have a problem staying wet when I'm having sex with my boyfriend. I'll start out wet, but then will dry up and we will have to stop because the condom will break or it becomes painful for him? Is this normal? What can I do? Please help, I love him so much and I definitely love having sex with him, but I don't know what's going on? Thanks!

How do I actually get birth control?

anonymous asks:

This is really important! Okay, I need to know what I need to do to obtain birth control, by myself. My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for a few months but we always used condoms. Properly, I assure you. However, about a month ago, we both came to the conclusion that we wouldn't have vaginal sex anymore cause of how worried we both got about pregnancy risks afterwards. Now we're really wanting to start again. But I really want to get on the pill before we do. I just honestly don't know where to start with that. I have to make an appointment with a doctor right? Well, I don't know where to go for the appointment. The doctor that I've always gone to is like a family doctor and he even delivered me so that would just be awkward cause he's like friends with my mother and everything. And I don't know what to expect from the appointment. I really just wanna go in, get the birth control, and be outta there. But that's probably not the case. So what should I expect? And how much does the appointment, on top of the purchase of the birth control cost? My boyfriend will help with the money of course, but I'm scared if they're gonna do any tests. I've never had a pap smear or anything. It's hard that I have to do this alone. My mother I KNOW won't support me in this. But it's what I've decided to do and it's what I want. So I would appreciate some advice. /: Thank you.

Discharge happens

Anonymous asks:

I'm a 15 year-old girl who is, yes, a virgin. The thing is I discharge, like, a lot. Not only is it embarrassing if I'm at a friends house and always worried about if I'm on my period or just discharging like crazy or if I'm with my boyfriend and having the same reaction. I always close up and get insecure. I tried talking to my mother about it who now believes I'm sexually active with my boyfriend. So that didn't help. I have no idea what to do about this, and it freaks me out cause what if something is wrong with me?

I'm worried that something might have gone wrong!

ludaluvaa asks:

Okay, I am 14 years old and my boyfriend is 16. I'm a virgin and we were trying to have sex. I'm so scared that I'm pregnant because I keep thinking that there was sperm on his finger when he fingered me. I just finished my period about two days ago. Even if there wasn't sperm on his finger, I keep thinking that there might have been a hole in the condom! I can't even think of anything else! I am so scared and the pills is over $39.99 and I can't talk to my mom about it because she will make a big deal about it cause I sneaked out today to see him. What do i do?

My boyfriend doesn't get pre-cum!

Love11 asks:

Is it possible that some boys just don't pre-ejaculate. I don't believe that my boyfriend ever does. I have checked multiple times to see if there is ever anything on the tip of his penis after he gets an erection and there is never anything there. Also, does pre-ejaculate always contain sperm?