Questions and Answers

Ask your question

She's five days late: are condoms REALLY effective?

Anonymous asks:

My girlfriend and I had sex about a week and a half before her period was due with a spermicidal condom on. Now she five days late and I'm really worried. We took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I keep hearing that you can take a HPT after a missed period but, isn't there still a certain amount of days you need to wait regardless of a missed period? My worry, even after we took the HPT is that we had sex so close to her period that the test wouldn't be accurate for another week or so. Also, do spermicidal condoms work pretty well?

Can a girl get vaccinated against HPV even if she's already sexually active?

Anonymous asks:

One of the ways to help prevent cervical cancer and/or HPV infection is by taking a vaccination with HPV vaccine. I read it somewhere and it says that ideally females should get the vaccine before they are sexually active. This is because the vaccine is most effective in women/girls who have not yet acquired any of the HPV types covered by the vaccine. I'm just wondering, what if the female had sex only once and no protection was used and the guy did not ejaculate into the vagina. In other words, the female is sexually active. Well, if she had sex even once, its still considered as sexually active right? So what if the female is sexually active, like how I described it? Is there any difference? I mean, the female can still take the vaccination but is there any side effects or its the same as a female who is not sexually active since they guy did not ejaculate? thank you (:

How does estrogen dose affect protection against pregnancy?

Michelle asks:

Does the amount of estrogen in birth control pills (ex. low, high or moderate levels) have any effect on protection against pregnancy? For example, is it better to take a birth control pill with a higher level of estrogen than one of the newer "low dose" ones? Will the protection be the same?

He's so perfect, and I feel too self-concious for intimacy!

Anonymous asks:

I am overweight by about 30lbs, so I do have some extra "baggage". Anyway, most likely, this weight isn't going any where, because I've tried many times, and failed many times. So the problem is, my boyfriend and I have been dating for some time now, and he really is wanting to have sex (and it's not just him, I do too). However, I am too intimidated - he's got like this perfect body - tan, slim and works out a lot, and me, pale in areas, and like I said overweight. If anyone has any advice please tell me how I can overcome my unpleasant feeling of self-consciousness and be able to give into him for once (or I'm gonna be stuck with keeping my shirt on during the whole thing).

What's causing that pain when he's fingering me?

rebecca asks:

My boyfriend fingered me for the first time, and at first it kind of hurt. I want to know what was causing that to happen, and what we could do next time for it to feel better.

Can she orgasm from penetration when she previously only orgasmed through clitoral stimulation?

Christofero1012 asks:

Is it possible for a girl to orgasm from penetration when she previously only orgasmed through clitoral stimulation? Meaning, my girlfriend tells me she orgasms after we have sex through penetration, but rubbing her clit only distracts her from orgasming through penetration. Is this at all possible?

What is the "g" spot?

Anonymous asks:

What is the "g" spot?

Is my foreskin supposed to go back like that?

bashescobar asks:

So, I just had sex for the first time last night and I guess my foreskin went back and it kinda hurt. Is it normal that my foreskin should go back like that? Also, I never had an orgasm last night and I woke up this morning and my foreskin was still pulled back. Is THAT normal?

-Confused

Seriously, enough with the fruit already.

yoyo333 asks:

I have had sex with my girlfriend many times now. And she still has not had her "cherry" popped. She is a soccer player and is very active and I have heard that could effect the "cherry" being popped. So is it just me? Or could it be other factors that could affect the cherry being popped?

Can I wash or pee away sperm to prevent pregnancy?

Anonymous asks:

Is it true if you pee or wash your vagina after sex you can prevent pregnancy?

No bleeding with intercourse and changes to my vagina have him making false accusations.

Anonymous asks:

I was a virgin when I got married at 26 years our first sex experience was very disappointing. I did not bleed as I thought would have happen it was not painful and I also taught and my husband became very curious about this (if I was truly a virgin). Since then I noticed that my vagina has gotten bitter and my husband also noticed this. It has created problems in the marriage as he thinks that I am sleeping with other men with larger penises than his. I am very frustrated as I have never had sex with anyone but him.

I've only had sex drunk: how do you have good sex sober?

Mia asks:

I'm not a virgin but I have only had sex being drunk and have never had sex sober. How do you have good sex sober? How do you be on top and be comfortable with what your doing. And know what you're doing, right?

Is our spark fading because I kissed his best friend...or something else?

Anonymous asks:

I have a question regarding sex but also emotions. I've had the same boyfriend for 3 years and we have haven't had a sexual partner before each other. We love each other greatly but his best friend and me have gotten to know each other better and one night, we kissed. We didn't mean it to happen but it did and it almost happened again but I stopped it the second time around...so when I have sex with my boyfriend, it feels great during the action...but then I always feel down in the dumps right after. Is it because I'm not ready to have sex again until this situation clears my head or am I completely turned off on having sex with my boyfriend? I love him greatly but sometimes I don't feel as sexually attracted to him as I am to his best friend...please help me! Thank you.

Sperm and a bucket of water?

Ramesh asks:

The other day my girlfriend and I were kissing each other completely clothed. I ejaculated in my pants while kissing. My girlfriend doesn't know that I ejaculated. We never removed our clothes, it was just kissing. I immediately went to the bathroom to wash myself, after which my girlfriend also used the bathroom. I used water from a bucket to wash myself. I am scared that if a drop of ejaculate got into the water while washing myself and if my girlfriend used the water, it will cause pregnancy. I am so worried since I haven't done anything other than kissing. I haven't had sex at all. This incident then reminded me that at home I masturbate and wash myself the same way and the same bathroom is used by the female family members at home. Again the same question goes here. What if there is a drop of ejaculate in water and if the water is used by the female members in the family? I am so stressed out and I need your help on this....Please help me out.

He wants me to prove I love him by having sex.

Taylor asks:

I'm a virgin, and I've been dating my boyfriend for over a year now. He's really worried that I don't really love him unless I have sex with him. The thing is I'm not really worried about the actual sex part, I'm worried about the aftermath. You know, getting pregnant. Is there any possible way on my first time? Especially if we use a condom? I have a lot planned for my future, but I want him to be in it. HELP

My boyfriend is sure he's a pulling-out champ, but I think I'm pregnant.

Holly asks:

My boyfriend is 31 years old and seems to think he is a pro at pulling out during sex. However I have been really tired and sometimes nauseous lately, plus more hungry than normal. A friend of mine who had a baby just a few days ago told me I'm probably pregnant... What do you think? I need answers ASAP!!

Is attraction to the same sex really okay?

newnew6 asks:

I was wondering is it okay to want to experiment with the same sex, like girl & girl?

Rash after sex?

teenie asks:

I have a questionable ailment...I've developed a rash the day after my boyfriend and I have had sex but we've been together for 3 years, lost our virginity together and stay monogamous. So I can't see any risk in any STIs although I am planing to get a check-up soon. The rash is around my vaginal area but also near my bottom. I'm guessing I'm allergic to the latex or lube used or it could be because I shaved...should I be worried? Thank You

I'm pregnant: he's MIA, and my parents want me to abort. Help!

Elydia asks:

I found out that I was pregnant a couple of months ago and after I told my boyfriend, he broke up with me. I'm not really sure what to do especially because he won't even talk to me and his friends are starting to spread rumors that the baby isn't his. When I told my parents, they completely freaked and said that I had to have an abortion, but I don't want to. Basically, I'm not sure what to do. I don't know how to reach my now ex, but I do want him to be a part of our baby's life. What am I supposed to do if he doesn't want to?

Lots of sex, but why a dry spell now?

Anonymous asks:

Me and my girlfriend of 1-year used to have sex 4 to 6 times a week. But now she says she does not get in the mood and we usually only have sex like once a month. I ask her why she just says not horny anymore.

My girlfriend is pregnant, I'm not ready.

Mark asks:

My gf is pregnant, I am not ready, what do I do?

How long will it take a boy to ejaculate?

nikki asks:

I'm bleeding a lot after sex! What's wrong with me?

Elle asks:

I'm worried because I bleed after having sex. At first it was only a little bit, but now it's a lot!
I don't know what's wrong with me.

To have sex or not to have sex: that's the question.

Eoin asks:

I appreciate your site, and have been reading as much of it (along with several other sources) as I can, and discussing topics with family and close friends and the information is very helpful. However, I still feel amazingly overwhelmed, confused and scared about sex and was hoping I could get some direct help.

I am a 17 year old virgin guy and have a 14 year old girlfriend, as well as (and I do hate myself for this) a would-be lover (my friend's girlfriend). I love and (I believe) am loved by both of them, although at our ages I think it is hard to tell sometimes (uncertainty about feelings, the drama vs. love that you have mentioned, "is it just a casual boyfriend/girlfriend thing", etc). Anyways, I have heard many different opinions about the first time especially in emotional and spiritual terms, and also have my own personal fears and complications.

First, I am worried because I am uncertain about sex being "such a big deal". Honestly I would hope that it is not and I think I may have been close-minded to that effect. Specifically among my concerns are some statements on your site (forgive me and correct if my paraphrasing compromises the intent):

Can I just use EC instead of other birth control?

LizzyUK2002 asks:

I am going to have sex with my boyfriend soon, but I am really scared about getting pregnant. We are going to use a condom but I'm paranoid that I'm going to get pregnant. I could go on the pill but my mum wont let me.. so I'm going to ask my friend's mum, also. If I could get the morning after pill and take it just in case it won't harm me will it?