Advice

She's five days late: are condoms REALLY effective?

Anonymous
asks:
My girlfriend and I had sex about a week and a half before her period was due with a spermicidal condom on. Now she five days late and I'm really worried. We took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I keep hearing that you can take a HPT after a missed period but, isn't there still a certain amount of days you need to wait regardless of a missed period?...

Can a girl get vaccinated against HPV even if she's already sexually active?

Anonymous
asks:
One of the ways to help prevent cervical cancer and/or HPV infection is by taking a vaccination with HPV vaccine. I read it somewhere and it says that ideally females should get the vaccine before they are sexually active. This is because the vaccine is most effective in women/girls who have not yet acquired any of the HPV types covered by the vaccine....

How does estrogen dose affect protection against pregnancy?

Michelle
asks:
Does the amount of estrogen in birth control pills (ex. low, high or moderate levels) have any effect on protection against pregnancy? For example, is it better to take a birth control pill with a higher level of estrogen than one of the newer "low dose" ones? Will the protection be the same?...

He's so perfect, and I feel too self-concious for intimacy!

Anonymous
asks:
I am overweight by about 30lbs, so I do have some extra "baggage". Anyway, most likely, this weight isn't going any where, because I've tried many times, and failed many times. So the problem is, my boyfriend and I have been dating for some time now, and he really is wanting to have sex (and it's not just him, I do too)....

Is my foreskin supposed to go back like that?

bashescobar
asks:
So, I just had sex for the first time last night and I guess my foreskin went back and it kinda hurt. Is it normal that my foreskin should go back like that? Also, I never had an orgasm last night and I woke up this morning and my foreskin was still pulled back. Is THAT normal? -Confused ...

Seriously, enough with the fruit already.

yoyo333
asks:
I have had sex with my girlfriend many times now. And she still has not had her "cherry" popped. She is a soccer player and is very active and I have heard that could effect the "cherry" being popped. So is it just me? Or could it be other factors that could affect the cherry being popped?...

Sperm and a bucket of water?

Ramesh
asks:
The other day my girlfriend and I were kissing each other completely clothed. I ejaculated in my pants while kissing. My girlfriend doesn't know that I ejaculated. We never removed our clothes, it was just kissing. I immediately went to the bathroom to wash myself, after which my girlfriend also used the bathroom. I used water from a bucket to wash myself....

He wants me to prove I love him by having sex.

Taylor
asks:
I'm a virgin, and I've been dating my boyfriend for over a year now. He's really worried that I don't really love him unless I have sex with him. The thing is I'm not really worried about the actual sex part, I'm worried about the aftermath. You know, getting pregnant. Is there any possible way on my first time? Especially if we use a condom?...

My boyfriend is sure he's a pulling-out champ, but I think I'm pregnant.

Holly
asks:
My boyfriend is 31 years old and seems to think he is a pro at pulling out during sex. However I have been really tired and sometimes nauseous lately, plus more hungry than normal. A friend of mine who had a baby just a few days ago told me I'm probably pregnant... What do you think? I need answers ASAP!!...

Rash after sex?

teenie
asks:
I have a questionable ailment...I've developed a rash the day after my boyfriend and I have had sex but we've been together for 3 years, lost our virginity together and stay monogamous. So I can't see any risk in any STIs although I am planing to get a check-up soon. The rash is around my vaginal area but also near my bottom....

I'm pregnant: he's MIA, and my parents want me to abort. Help!

Elydia
asks:
I found out that I was pregnant a couple of months ago and after I told my boyfriend, he broke up with me. I'm not really sure what to do especially because he won't even talk to me and his friends are starting to spread rumors that the baby isn't his. When I told my parents, they completely freaked and said that I had to have an abortion, but I don't want to. Basically, I'm not sure what to do....

Lots of sex, but why a dry spell now?

Anonymous
asks:
Me and my girlfriend of 1-year used to have sex 4 to 6 times a week. But now she says she does not get in the mood and we usually only have sex like once a month. I ask her why she just says not horny anymore....

Can I just use EC instead of other birth control?

LizzyUK2002
asks:
I am going to have sex with my boyfriend soon, but I am really scared about getting pregnant. We are going to use a condom but I'm paranoid that I'm going to get pregnant. I could go on the pill but my mum wont let me.. so I'm going to ask my friend's mum, also. If I could get the morning after pill and take it just in case it won't harm me will it?...