We love you so much, we made you a mixtape.
We made a few of them, actually. And we're going to keep making a couple of them to share with you over every month, because some of us love making mixes and all of us love all of you! Sometimes we'll even deliver you some extra sex and relationships education at the same time, just because we're awesome like that (also, it's our job, but whatever).
The first of this month's batch is brought to you by myself and some other musically-obsessed members of the Scarleteam: Al, Beth Ann, Jacob, Sam, Alice and Izzy. We were thinking about how this time of year is often one where change and reinventing oneself can live large, whether that's about starting school or about coming to the end of a summer full of self exploration, adventure, reflection or even heartache, and bringing the new who-you-became into the fall. These tracks inspired our inner butterflies.
Here's to whoever the whole new you is right now.
On the turntable this time around:
- Wig in a Box - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
- Double Dare Ya - Bikini Kill
- Scuse Me - Lizzo
- Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
- Freak Flag - Laura Love
- i - Kendrick Lamar
- Follow Your Arrow - Kacey Musgraves
- A Better Son/Daughter - Rilo Kiley
- Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
- True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
- Burn the Pages - Sia
- Changes - David Bowie
- Stranger Things - Local Natives
- Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls
- Me Too - Meghan Trainor
- I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
- Try Everything - Shakira
- Third Eye - Florence + The Machine
- How Far I'll Go - Alessia Cara
- I Like That - Janelle Monáe
- Got to Give It Up - Marvin Gaye
- Dancing Queen - ABBA