Scarleteen Mix #2: Shacking Up!
This time, it's driving a U-Haul and also maybe freaking out a little because whooooo boy, moving in with someone you're in an intimate relationship with is a pretty big deal.
The second of this month's batch (you can find the first here) is brought to you by myself and my fellow Scarleteam members Izzy, Beth Ann, Jacob, Sam, Alice and Ruby.
It's all about moving in together: the agony and the ecstacy, the joys and the woes, the ups, the downs, the argh of who drank the last of the milk again for crying out loud and the ahh of the very sweetest of first-thing-of-a-morning-even-though-your-breath-is-actually-kind-of-rank smooches. We've got your soundtrack for everything from bringing daily life sweetness to another person to learning to clean up your own damn mess to the deep and amazing joy making a home with someone who already feels like home for your heart can be.
Thinking about or getting ready to move in with a sweetie? You might want to check this guide about cohabitation out. Living together also dials up the intimacy, so this piece might come in handy, too. You might find yourself wanting to reevaluate or shift your relationship model once you're living together: if that's the case, this guide has your back. If your relationship is sexual, more freedom to be together might mean one or more of you wanting to expand your horizons. It could be a good time to sit down somewhere in all those boxes and take a sexual inventory to share with one another. Lastly, cohabitating usually means -- if not right away, soon enough -- more conflicts in a relationships, so our conflict respolution guide, How to Clash with Love, is a thing you'll want to pack for sure.
We wish you all the best in your grand domestic adventures! Oh, and this is the mixtape we made you:
- Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townshend
- Love Shack - The B-52's
- Hold On, We're Going Home (feat. Majid Jordan) - Drake
- We're Gonna Live In The Trees - Robyn Hitchcock
- Greens - Be Steadwell
- That Home - The Cinematic Orchestra
- A Song for the Birds (Acoustic) - Eisley
- Dog Years - Maggie Rogers
- June Hymn - The Decemberists
- You Ain't Goin' Nowhere - Bob Dylan
- Habit of You - Arthur Russell
- Light of a Clear Blue Morning - Dolly Parton
- Movin' Right Along - The Muppet Movie (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Oh My Goodness, Look At This Mess! - Sweet Honey In the Rock
- For Once in My Life - Stevie Wonder
- Our House - Madness
- Move On Up - Curtis Mayfield
- Golden Years - David Bowie
- A Sunday Kind of Love - Etta James
- Home - AURORA
- This Must Be the Place (Naïve Melody) - Talking Heads