Possibly pregnant?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
SunSetOranGe
Pronouns: She/her

Possibly pregnant?

Unread post by SunSetOranGe »

Hello,

I was unaware that the Plan B is not really effective during ovulation. according to my app, I ovulated Friday the 16th. I had sex where he came inside Saturday night (17th) and Sunday morning (18th). I took a planB Monday evening (19th). I’m genuinely concerned about getting pregnant as I am not financially there and have not been with my bf very long. I’m not a fan of aborting (for myself wise. I respect and support others that go that route), but will do so if needed. What are my chances of being pregnant?
Willa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Re: Possibly pregnant?

Unread post by Willa »

Hi SunSetOranGE,

So most apps actually will not be able to accurately tell you when you are ovulating- especially if it is not asking questions such as cervical mucus and basal body temperatures. Also, Emergency contraceptives work not only to delay and inhibit ovulation but also to inhibit fertilization as well.

Emergency contraceptives generally when taken within 24 hours are around 95% effective, then reduced the more time that passes until by 120 hours it is about 75% effective. Are you using any other method of birth control? If not I would recommend it is time to think about other options for contraceptives for yourself and/or your boyfriend. I will link this article that talks about talks about the myriad of options for birth control: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexu ... trol_bingo
SunSetOranGe
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by SunSetOranGe »

Thank you so much for responding!

I am not on birth control but am considering it. Either the shots or IUD copper.
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Sofi »

Both of those are great options - here's each one's detailed info to help you make an informed decision that's best for you:
Depo-Provera
IUD
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic