×

Error message

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in eval() (line 3 of /home/heather/websites/scarleteen.com/modules/php/php.module(80) : eval()'d code).

Advice

How do I deal with my overprotective parents?

Anonymous asks:
So I’m 16 years old, and my parents are so overprotective of me, since I’m a petite female. Even before the whole COVID-19 situation, I couldn't go anywhere without my parents or my older brothers. When my brothers were my age, they could go hang out with friends without parents. And I can’t!...

No sexual sensitivity?

Anonymous asks:
I'm asexual, so it doesn't bother me too much, but I do like to pleasure others sexually. I am nonbinary, and I have found that I have very low, almost no sensitivity (for pleasure, at least) in my vaginal area, breasts, or most skin. My sexual partner says I have such a small clitoris that neither of us can find it, and suggests that is why I can only feel one specific spot inside my vagina (?)....

I feel sexually frustrated all the time. What do I do?

Anonymous asks:
Okay so I'm a 15 year-old girl and a virgin. I've never had a boyfriend or anything. My family's a bit Catholic and I plan to stay a virgin until I find the right person. But I kinda feel like I'm sexually frustrated and I've been thinking about sex a lot. I recently just started watching porn but I don't feel like masturbating. It's not like I don't wanna do it, but it just feels weird....

How do I cope with loneliness and depression during COVID-19?

Anonymous asks:
I’ve seen a lot of people post about COVID-19: how to avoid it, mostly, especially with limited interaction with people. I know this reduces the change of the virus spreading. I know I’m healthy but there are people I live with who are both elderly and immune compromised and I would not want anything happening to them....

If I only want to have sex with women, but not date them, am I bisexual?

Anonymous asks:
I'm a straight woman (at least I think so), and I’m generally more into guys, but I find women sexually attractive. Being in relationships with women doesn’t really appeal to me, but having sex with them does. What does that mean? Am I bisexual or is it just something like a fetish? ...

How do I ask a guy out?

Anonymous asks:
There’s a guy that I like and I know he likes me back I’m just not sure how to tell him that I like him. I’ve never been asked or asked someone out before so I’m not even sure what to do. Nothing is ever as simple as TV makes it seem. ...

How do I figure out if I want to have sex? (Post-trauma)

Anonymous asks:
Is there a good way to figure out if you want to have sex? Two years ago, I left a relationship in which I had sex that was extremely physically painful, in which I was shamed and blamed for that pain and he threatened to leave me if I showed any "lack of enthusiasm". Since then I have not had sex....

What does it mean when a doc asks if I'm sexually active?

Anonymous asks:
I've dry humped before and come from it, but have always kept at least my underwear and bra on and my boyfriend always had at least his underwear on too. We didn't go further than that - like we didn't touch each other with our hands down there over clothes or underwear. A doctor recently asked if I was sexually active....

I'm having doubts about my relationships; am I doing this right?

Anonymous asks:
I’m 16 years old, and I’ve been in 3 relationships. Nothing serious - no sexual activity or true commitments or anything - but I’ve genuinely enjoyed the company of all three people I’ve been with, and I find myself thinking back fondly on memories with them. None of the three relationships have ended badly. Yet....

Partner never initiates sex. I feel unwanted. What can I do?

Anonymous asks:
My partner never initiates sex. When I ask why, he says it is because I don't orgasm during sex with him. I am always the one who initiates and only do so like 2 to 3 times in a month. Sometimes I am turned on and at other times it is just because I need to feel loved and wanted....

Is My Friend Faking Her Sexual Orientation?

Anonymous asks:
I’m an almost sixteen year old bisexual girl. My sexuality took me a while to come to terms with, but I didn’t fully realize it until this year, after I broke up with my first boyfriend. It’s been quite the ride, from horribly puzzling feelings about my ex best-friend to weird thoughts and dreams that made me feel wrong, especially since I live in a conservative household....

We had a great sex life but now I can't make him come anymore

Anonymous asks:
Hello! Scarleteen is my go-to site when I have any questions about sex, and it’s helped me a lot, so thank you very much! Lately I've been going through a situation that is messing me up, and I'd like to ask for advice. I've been dating my boyfriend for 6 months. From the first night I met him, we had an amazing sexual chemistry and we wound up in bed together after every date....

How can I help my boyfriend be more sex-positive?

Anonymous asks:
My boyfriend and I have been together for several years, and I feel like generally we have a good sex life. When we first started, I faked a lot of orgasms, because I often wasn't getting enough natural lubrication to finish, a lot of which I think is because I'm on the pill....

Should I compromise on valuing myself?

Anonymous asks:
I've always had high standards. Really high. Some of my friends used to agree with me, but when it came down to it they lowered their standards and went on dates with people they wouldn't have previously considered. I didn't....

I'm Catholic and I don't feel like having sex with my boyfriend is wrong.

Miss N
asks:
I'm a Catholic. I have had sex with my boyfriend and intend to keep doing so. The problem that arises here is my beliefs. I was supposed to have waited until marriage and now that I haven't the 'punishment' is that I'm not permitted to receive the Body of Christ during Mass because I have committed a grievous sin in Christian beliefs....

Internalized biphobia is making dating seem impossible

Anonymous asks:
I am a 17-going-on-18 year old bi girl, in my senior year of high school. I, like many people, do not fit the stereotype of a bisexual teenager- I dislike excessive attention, I am attracted to few people (just of a wider variety) and have no dating experience. Because of this, I have not come out, except to two of my closest friends, one of whom is pan themself....

I want more kink, but I don't know how to ask a partner for it.

Anonymous asks:
I am a sexual deviant. I am willing to try anything, yet I have not had partners that have taken things to the next level. Just basics: spanking, hair-pulling, dirty talk, choking. I want to express these desires to be bound up, dominated, and exploring my physical boundaries with my partner yet what is inside my head never comes out as erotic as I imagine....

I’m having sex fantasies about my crush

Anonymous asks:
Okay there’s a girl I really REALLY like. Like I’ve written at least an album's worth of songs about her and I can’t stop thinking about her. Well, recently I’ve started to think about having sex with her. The thing is I’ve had sex fantasies before but those were with celebrities, and the thought of wanting to have sex with someone I know freaks me out because I’m only 14....

How Can I Get This Guy To Stop Misgendering Me?

Anonymous asks:
I'm a gay trans guy, and there's this one boy, N, who misgenders me constantly. He's bi, and I know it's not intentional--he says sorry after he does it, even though I have to correct him myself. However, he misgenders me literally every time he talks in third person, and it's incredibly annoying and insulting....

How do I cope with being a lesbian and single?

Anonymous asks:
I feel like my loneliness is eating me alive. Every time I wake up, I expect someone to be sleeping next to me. However, no one ends up being there and it's rather devastating to me. I am not in the place in my life where I have time for a relationship. Also, I am paranoid that I will never meet anyone and that I will die alone. I'm going off to college in a year, will I meet other people there?...

What should I do to ease my doubts?

Anonymous asks:
I feel that I am not a conservative person, but one thing I can not accept is about hook-up culture: about casual sex and one night stands....