spotting midcycle - on the pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bb2509
Pronouns: she/her

spotting midcycle - on the pill

Unread post by bb2509 »

hi everyone.

so im 21 years old and I have been on the same diane 35ed birth control since 15 (for pimples) and i havent had a problem at all.
Around the same time I started the BC pill I had low iron and ferritin, at the end of 2016 I had to have an iron infusion due to having no iron storage in my body. I think this was due more to diet than blood loss, my periods were very regular and light/medium - nothing extreme.

the period after my infusion I noticed that the dark brown old blood from the end of my period began to last a couple days longer before clearing up. Then during midcycle I would experience small amounts of light brown spotting for 2 or so days (around the same time I should ovulate if I wasnt on the pill)
It has happened each month since (3 months now)

I saw the doctor last month and she said its normal and if it continues to happen to come back and she will change my BC pills.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why this happened all of a sudden? could the dramatic increase of iron perhaps have thrown my hormone levels out of whack slightly?
has this happened to anyone else?

I have never had heavy, painful or irregular periods. Even now i am not experience any pain or heavy flows, just some irregular brown spotting.

Thank you :)
Carmen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: disco dancing on roller skates
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Re: spotting midcycle - on the pill

Unread post by Carmen »

Hi bb2509,

Welcome to Scarleteen!

There is no answer we can give you as to why this is happening - your doctor is going to be the rest resource for that. However, I can assure you that fluctuation in period flow, spotting, and cramping is totally normal and something the majority of people with vaginas experience.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic