Sex after use of menstrual cup

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
MariaSjohn
not a newbie
Primary language: Malayalam
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Sex after use of menstrual cup

Unread post by MariaSjohn »

Hi.... Iam using menstrual cup after my marriage 9 months before... My husband was in abroad. And he came after 4 months of our marriage and stayed for 2 months... But we think now my vaginal wall is not tighten comparing to our first time intercourse. Not too loose... But not like the first tym.... I think may be it is because of the use of menstrual cup... Is it possible...? So husband said to avoid using cup for few months before he came... Is it helps to recover the tightness? Or any other ways??? Plz help me
Willa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Re: Sex after use of menstrual cup

Unread post by Willa »

Hi MariaSjohn,

The idea that inserting something into the vagina will change its tightness or make it loose is a myth. The vagina is made up of many muscles that are made to expand and contract again. Using a menstrual cup would not have any effect on the "tightness" of your vagina. Another thing that is important to touch on is that a vagina being tight can often mean a person is not aroused during sexual activity. Proper arousal before insertion means the vagina is able to produce its own lubricant and loosen the muscles slightly. No one should make you feel like you have to change anything about your body. If a menstrual cup works best for you, you should continue to use that method. Does that all make sense?

I can add a link here for you to look over that touches on this as well. This also may be helpful information to discuss with your husband to dispel some of the myths he may believe.
https://www.scarleteen.com/read/bodies/ ... -tightness
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic