Question about vaginal bleeding

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Question about vaginal bleeding

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Glitterkat,

You mentioned getting an IUD taken out of your arm. However, the only birth control that would be in your arm is the implant. Is that what you had?

Since it sounds like you're concerned about pregnancy, can I ask why you had your birth control removed? And when you have sex, is there no contraception being used at all (not even a condom or withdrawal)?
Glitterkat
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I listen well
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Question about vaginal bleeding

Unread post by Glitterkat »

Yes I'm sorry it was an implant, not iud.
I had it removed because it was causing me some unpleasant side effects and I honestly wasn't anticipating having sex anytime soon. What happened was a spur of the moment thing that I regret..
But the recent risk I had he used the pull out method.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. Are you interested in finding a different method that's a better fit for you body and needs? And with this most recent partner, are you and he up to date on your STI tests?

Since it sounds like you're not pleased with how sudden and unexpected the encounter was, you might find this article handy for the future: When Sex "Just Happened" (And How to Make It Happen Instead)
Glitterkat
not a newbie

I plan on going to a gynecologist sooner rather than later. I'm in Egypt so finding someone reliable is a bit hard. But yes, it would be lovely if I could find a better method.
My issue is more on the anxiety side. I developed GAD with OCD like tendencies about 2 years ago. Hence the question about the bleeding. I think I had my period. The only thing that makes me uncertain is that my period is irregular.
The question i really have is whether or not it's possible for decidual bleeding to occur so soon after intercourse.
And which would come first: implantation bleeding or decidual bleeding?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for answering me :)
Glitterkat
not a newbie

Also thank you for the article. Sadly, the sex was not as consensual as I had thought it was. He did not respect my boundaries whatsoever.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Are you seeing someone about your anxiety, like a therapist?

I'm so sorry to hear it was not a consensual event. Can you tell me a little more about what him not following your boundaries looked like?
Glitterkat
not a newbie

Ah see..my family would think me weak if I looked for a therapist. My father especially. He doesn't think depression even exists. So since I've moved to Egypt I haven't seen a therapist.
The guy was someone who was interested in me for a little while, we hung out a couple of times behind my fathers back. One day we went out together and ended up in his car. We started fooling around, nothing too serious just touching, and he asked me to take my leggings off to which I responded "why". He said just do it..and after a bit of coersion I took them off. But I wasn't expecting what happened afterwards. He forced himself into me and I don't really remember if he kept inside me or rubbed against me. I just know that I kept trying to shove him off to no avail..and he finished on my vulva. Of course afterwards I was horrified and mostly numb. I really liked the guy. I realize now I disengaged myself and kind of not there at all. Derealization I think it's called.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

If it was possible, is that healthcare you'd want, that mental healthcare? If so, we can certainly see if we can't help you figure out a way to get that either without your family knowing about it at all, or to get it with them knowing and thinking whatever they do, but not letting their biases get in the way of your care.

We can also talk more about the sexual violence, the rape, you have experienced. I am so very sorry someone did that to you, and we can certainly give you support around it. If you want that to include talking about your options with reporting (understanding it's extra-loaded and thorny in Egypt), we can do that, too.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Glitterkat
not a newbie

Of course. I would really appreciate that very very much. When I was in the States, I benefitted so much from therapy. I was actually very sad when I stopped going.
As for what happened, I was really shocked of course and until now I haven't really thought about it too much because I absolutely cannot talk about it with anyone.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, as a starting place, what kind of access do you have to healthcare in general? Are there clinics or providers nearby who you could get to own your own? Or are you pretty isolated?

Shock is a completely normal response to experiencing assault, and I'm so sorry you're having to go through it. It sounds like you don't feel comfortable reporting, which is understandable. Does you worry about speaking to someone about this extend to something like a rape crisis resource?
Glitterkat
not a newbie

I can get to clinics but I wouldn't really know where to look exactly. The healthcare system isn't as organized as the states. But I can ask around.

I don't really want to report it since it would put me in more trouble than it would help me. I wouldn't mind speaking to someone about it but I don't know if they even have such a thing as a rape crisis sort of thing here. Even if I could talk about it online..that wouldn't be so bad.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

If it's something you'd be comfortable talking about here, we'd be happy to listen; that's one of the things we're here to help people with.
Glitterkat
not a newbie

Thank you Mo :)
I'll start a new thread..because now it feels awkward to post under the original thread name :P thank you so so much for listening to me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic