Masturbating twice a day

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
coolsup22
not a newbie

Masturbating twice a day

Unread post by coolsup22 »

Hi

I am a single male - 27 years old.

I masturbate on a regular basis - once a day everyday.

However, for some reason last couple of days I was doing it twice a day:

Like yesterday, I did it twice with 3-4 hour gap between both.

Then this morning I woke up a did it again.

Is it normal for such thing happening? Especially given that I masturbate once a day everyday?

Are there any side effects from doing it at such frequency?

I don't feel sore because of doing it more than once?

Can such frequency affect my intellect?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Masturbating twice a day

Unread post by Heather »

Masturbation does not make people more or less intelligent: the idea it does is based on long-ago ignorance as well as religious ideology, not science, data, or reality.

If you want to masturbate a couple times a day, and it feels emotionally and physically good for you, and doesn't get in the way of the rest of your life, there's no cause for concern. There are no "side effects" of touching yourself or being sexual, alone or with partners, based on sexual frequency alone.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
coolsup22
not a newbie

I have another issue that is at the origin of this:

I think I am becoming obsessed with a schedule of doing it.

I mean my normal schedule of doing it is somewhere from 10pm to midnight. And I do it once everyday mostly. But if for some reason I do it earlier or later I get anxiety.

Once I did it at 3am and was anxious next morning that I should have controlled myself and wait one day till next day when I could have done it after 10pm and before midnight.

Like I recently did it around 9.30 - and it gave me anxiety that I should have controlled myself till 10 and I couldn't.

Also I get used to certain positions of doing it. Like I start doing it on the couch and then take a shower after. The day I did it at 9.15pm instead of 10.15 pm, I was doing it on the couch as usual - but suddenly had to go to the bathroom for 10 minutes - this was different routine than the one I got used to - so it also gives me some anxiety.

After that particular masturbation event - i was anxious and decided to do it at 7 pm one day in order to clear my head from the previous anxiety. I couldn't hold myself and did it around 6.15pm instead. This could solve the previous anxiety of doing it at 9pm but now brought a new anxiety of doing it at 6 pm instead of 7pm. I was anxious and made it one more time around 11 pm again in order to see if it will clear my head - i.e. that i did it twice in one day. But it brought even more anxiety instead so i masturbated this morning again out of being desperate that I couldn't stick to doing at 7pm and once yesterday.

Basically I did MB for 3 times during last 30 hours which is kind of not normal schedule of mine

How should I deal with this anxiety?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Can I ask if anxiety or compulsivity (since it sounds like that might be a possibility here) is something you experience or struggle with at all around anything else, or just this?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
coolsup22
not a newbie

Mostly it is about this - like this anxiety is by far the strongest.

sometimes i get anxiety about pumping gas, passing under the powelines or cell phone towers - but those are minor anxieties - they disappear within a day or so.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Okay, but those are things that give us a clue that there is likely a bigger anxiety picture here, because holding on to those kinds of concerns for more than a fleeting moment, if that, suggests an anxiety issue. In other words, being worried about those things for more than few seconds, and for as long as a full day, no less, gets us out of "minor" anxiety-land.

Have you ever been evaluated by a mental healthcare provider for anxiety? If not, it sounds to me like that's the sound place to start, and that's the right thing to concern yourself with, rather than being concerned about/asking about how often it's okay to masturbate.
coolsup22
not a newbie

Nope - never being to mental provider.

It's costly and also heard they just put people on a hook to make profits.

don't really trust them.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Do you feel the same way about other kinds of healthcare and healthcare providers?

Really, we're not going to be able to soundly talk to you about managing anxiety or getting help with that if you're of the mind that psychology and social science as fields are not trustworthy or sound. Because the way we work with it and conceptualize it comes from that kind of healthcare and study, so if you're not on board with that, we're not likely to say things about this you will value or accept, you know?
coolsup22
not a newbie

do i have some form of compulsion behind this masturbation anxiety?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

We can't know that, because we are not using a way of working with users here, and lack the credentials, to evaluate someone for anxiety. Again, that is what mental healthcare providers do, just like -- and with the same motivations as -- how what endocrinologists can do that we can't is evaluate and treat cancers.

But what we can do is let users know when they are saying, describing or doing things that we know tend to be associated with, or manifestations of, anxiety. And feeling very anxious about the things you have been -- and feeling like it is essential you only masturbate at certain times, when in fact, that isn't linked to anything sound, like that you can't at 6 because people are over for dinner -- does suggest something is probably amiss, to be sure.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Also, I had forgotten our conversation about all of this from last year: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimat ... tml#000000

Clearly, this isn't a just-now, but an ongoing pattern, and since we also have already had a discussion about mental health there, no use for reruns. As I felt then, I still feel now -- more now that I have been reminded about this previous history and conversation -- that your next step is to be evaluated by a mental healthcare provider, and that yes, you are clearly struggling with some mental health issues.

And those, and this kind of care and help, as you know, are outside our scope and abilities as a service. But we certainly are always happy to help users find that care from others who can provide it if they want help.
coolsup22
not a newbie

yes but then why we sleep at 10 not at 6?'

why we feel uncomfortable if we sleep during the day when waking up?

why we don't drink beer at 1 pm but at the evening?
coolsup22
not a newbie

what would a mental provider do?

can they permanently solve the issue?

thanks
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

The things you are asking me here are nearly identical to what you asked me, and I answered, in that post from last year. Can you review it, please?

I'm not sure what you are asking, exactly, with those comparisons. But I think what you might be missing here is that those other choices you listed there, would be one thing if chosen based on what was practical for someone or preferred, but another if based on anxiety or fear. Going to sleep at ten because you have to wake up at 5 and want rest, so that's why you go to bed then is not the same as going to bed at 10 because if you go to bed at 10:25, you will be full of panic and axniety about not having gone to bed at ten.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Not sure if I gave you these links before, so in case I did not:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/abuse ... ynn_ponton
Anxiety Lies
coolsup22
not a newbie

OK. Thanks

Also wanted to ask:

during your career experience did you encounter somebody with these anxiety spectrum? and somebody who was was afraid of masturbation/ejaculation like me?

about MB, pre-cum, timing schedules, pumping gas, cell phones and big power lines?

can this be like generalized anxiety disorder?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Again, what you are asking me to do is what a qualified mental healthcare provider does, and I am not that person. Even if I were, no one could soundly do those kinds of assessments in this format.

Yes, as I already said, some of what you have described here and in our previous conversation sounds to me like you're having some common anxiety triggers -- sex, masturbation, fear of technology or harm from simple things -- and manifestations. And no, this is not the first time I have seen someone like this. But to get evaluated for anxiety, and more importantly, to start to get help with it, you will need to seek out the kind of healthcare that does that.

If you don't want to, I respect your choice and your right to it, but we can't do the things a mental healthcare provider would do here, nor can we otherwise treat anxiety, as we make clear in our direct services page and our user agreement.

I think the only thing here left for us to do that we can do, unless you want help finding that care, is to give you some information about anxiety. If you will take a look at the links I gave you, on the Anxiety one, you will find a list on the right hand side of that piece that provides a lot of general information about anxiety disorders and help in doing that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic