weird(??) discharge

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
axolotlperson
Awesomeness Quotient: my roller skate skills
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they/he
Sexual identity: omnisexual

weird(??) discharge

Unread post by axolotlperson »

so just today i noticed my discharge looks and feels different than i remember. usually, at least when i’ve noticed, it’s clear or milky white and sticky, now it’s pure white and creamy? it kinda feels like yogurt but a bit thicker?? in terms of smell it smells pretty much the same as it used to, a slight smell but nothing more. i am in the midst of puberty and my cycle might still be a little wonky since i only got my first period like a year ago, so it could just be that. also, no idea if this could be related or not, but i’ve been noticing that i haven’t been able to stomach as much food lately. i find myself eating half or three quarters of meals i used to eat all of and sometimes get more. i’m on ADHD meds that decrease my appetite, but it hasn’t effected me this much before and i’ve been on the same dosage for a couple months, but i am on a trip so it could just be some anxiety.
Willa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Re: weird(??) discharge

Unread post by Willa »

Hi axolotlperson,

Discharge can change for a variety of reasons. For example around ovulation the discharge can become more thin and clear, while later in your cycle it is normal for the discharge to thicken or change in color to more white or yellow. One source I can give you to give some more context and explanations is: https://www.scarleteen.com/read/bodies/ ... secretions.

Things to look out for include a more chunky texture, profuse discharge, and sudden change in color that is different than clear/white. What you are describing does not seem to include any of these signs that can be warnings for things such as infection. However if there is any new changes in consistency, color, or oder and continues for several days- then this is something to keep an eye out for and possibly check in with a medical care provider.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic