Pregnancy through fingering

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
gabrijellaaaa
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Pregnancy through fingering

Unread post by gabrijellaaaa »

So Ive had sex with my bf yesterday and he came into my left hand. I cleaned that hand with my right hand using toilet paper. few minutes later I fingered myself with my right hand. My hand was dry so I didn’t think much of it.I only later realised what I did. Can I get pregnant?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Pregnancy through fingering

Unread post by Latha »

Hi gabrijellaaaa, welcome to the boards! No, it is safe to say that you can't become pregnant from that.

To learn more about what activities pose risks of pregnancy, you could read Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

You may also like to read this advice column: Can dry hands = pregnancy?
gabrijellaaaa

Could you please tell me the reason so that I know what to look out for.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi gabrijellaaaa,

The short version is that sperm are fragile and need very specific conditions in order to co-create a pregnancy. They aren't going to survive being wiped off, or even transferred from hand to hand. You can read more about why that is here: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?
gabrijellaaaa

Ellaone during ovulation

Me and my bf had unprotected sex and he is certain he ejaculated outside. I was still concerned so I took ellaone pill immediately after. Afterwards I looked at my flo calendar and it said that it was my fertile day so I panicked even more. But the thing is my period is irregular so I don’t know for certain. My question is if ellaone even works during ovulation and how high are the risks of pregnancy?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

So, before anything else, it sounds pretty clearly like you don't want to become pregnant. Unprotected sex obviously isn't a choice in alignment with that. Have you talked with your boyfriend about this and made plans to change the way you've been doing things? If not, do you need help with that?

Apps don't do a very good job of accurately tracking fertility since periods alone don't give us enough information to do that very well. That said, the fact is that EC works by preventing ovulation, so for sure, when it fails after taken correctly, it fails because ovulation already happened and conception then happened after that. That's not a given, because just because someone is ovulating and had exposure to semen still doesn't guarantee pregnancy, but it is when it is actually likely to happen. But again, an app can't give you reliable info on that.

You did what you could after the fact by taking EC, so now all there is to do is wait and make some plans to prevent pregnancy better moving forward. Again, happy to help with that if we can. <3
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic