I don’t know what to do at this point

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
idk31
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m good at playing my instrument in band
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: I don’t know

I don’t know what to do at this point

Unread post by idk31 »

So... I’m a girl, and I’ve usually only liked guys, but lately there’s just been this one girl who I think I like but I’m in denial at this point. I really don’t know what to do especially since my family basically just expects me to be straight and probably won’t be happy if I’m not. So basically, how do I know if I like this girl, and how should I handle this because it’s stressing me out a bit.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: I don’t know what to do at this point

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there idk31, and welcome to Scarleteen.

In terms of how to know if you like this girl, do you have similar feelings when you talk with her or spend time around her that you've had around guys that you've liked? If you think you like her, that sounds like a feeling to pay attention to! Do you have a sense of why you aren't sure if you really do like her?

I can understand why it might be stressful to think about not being straight if you have a strong sense that your family wouldn't be supportive. If you come to understand that you do like this girl, or other girls, and that you aren't straight after all, that doesn't mean you have to talk to your family about that any time soon. It's fine to keep that information private for a while, not because you'd be wrong to feel that way, but because it's all right to protect yourself or spare yourself some extra stress if you think it would be an issue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic