Confused.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Supernatural
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Learning Artist
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Confused.

Unread post by Supernatural »

Hello! I was helped here yestersay by an amazing person that directed me to the seafarers guide ( or however you spell it. )

Im confused about somthing thag is stated in the artical.

It states that "people also do not have to worry about pregnancies being caused by things like semen being left on bedding, toilets or sinks, shaking hands with someone who maybe masterbated that day or any other kind of indirect contact. "

I know that this paragraph is stating that it is IMPOSSIBLE to become pregnant from any of that and that it is IMPOSSIBLE to become pregnant from any indirect contact. But, im confused on two things.

Is it saying that sperm cannot transfer from a hand to an object? Or from an object to someones hand or clothing? Or from someone's hand to someone elses hand, ect? Im not very clear on that.

Also;

What does indirect mean in this circumstance? What does indirect mean in a "sexual" way?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Confused.

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Supernatural,

It's saying that, while semen/sperm can be moved from place to (for instance, someone ejaculates on their hand and wipes their hand on a towel, semen can get on that towel), sperm that has gone through that process simply can't cause a pregnancy.

When you're reading the site, "direct contact" with sperm means naked genitals coming into contact with nothing between them (like clothing or a condom). Indirect contact means pretty much everything else.
Supernatural
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Learning Artist
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Supernatural »

Thank you so much for clearing that up! Its so nice to hear from you again! The articals you have sent me really helped and i feel strongly that i am 99.9 percent over this fear! And having this cleared up really pushes that towards 100!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome, glad I could help!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic