A problem with a condom.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Thesk
Pronouns: I’m ok with that

A problem with a condom.

Unread post by Thesk »

Hello, at the beginning I want to apologize for my weak english, but I cannot find any answers in my language so I started to search for it worldwide.
To my question: is it normal, that after intercourse semen is not only in the tip of condom, but also on its sides but still under it? Is a presence of semen outside this tip a sign of wrong usage of condom?
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: A problem with a condom.

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Thesk, most of the semen usually stays in the tip of the condom, but as long as it is inside the barrier and not leaking out that's okay. Make sure you pinch the air out of the tip of the condom when you put it on.

We have a helpful article here: Condom Basics: A User's Manual

Does this make sense?
Thesk
Pronouns: I’m ok with that

Unread post by Thesk »

Also, would the leakage of semen be visible? Because I haven’t noticed it, so can I assume that semen had stayed inside the condom?
And thank you very much for a fast reply
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by al »

Hi there Thesk,

Usually if there's enough semen leakage to cause a risk, you'll be able to see and feel it outside of the condom. But again, as Sian said, if you leave a finger to two fingers' width of space in the tip of the condom when you put it on, it will be much less likely for the semen to spread from that area.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic