Are we rushing?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
mountainhome
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an early high school graduate
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Are we rushing?

Unread post by mountainhome »

I'm 16, my boyfriend is 17. We've been together for a little over a month. However, we've already been having intense makeout sessions, I've given him a few handjobs and he has fingered me. We are both comfortable with this, and we have discussions with each other before trying new things, but I want to know if are we rushing things? Is this inappropriate for a relationship of our status?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Are we rushing?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Mountainhome. Welcome to Scarleteen! :)

There is NO standar for any relationship of how slow or how fast they should go when it comes to sex, or any other activity. Is going to depend on both of you, how ready you feel to start being sexually active, how comfortable you feel with each other and how much you need to feel safe enough when it comes to take the risks that being sexually active includes.

We have a very cool article that talks about this that I think you might enjoy and will be helpful: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/relat ... _checklist

What about you give it a try and after that we can keep going with this conversation if this is something you would like. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic