How sex feels different times in period cycle?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Butterfly9
not a newbie

How sex feels different times in period cycle?

Unread post by Butterfly9 »

So this is something I noticed and wondered why. Its not a problem or issue just curious.
So I know there is no truth in tight or loose vagina but I noticed from my perspective in sex sometimes it feels like I'm tighter or looser depending on my cycle.
Like right now I'm right before my period it will be five days or less to start. Sex feels looser.
Whereas last week and the week before it felt tighter and I was at a different time in my cycle.
I've noticed it a few months too its not just a one time thing.
I think it feels best after my period or a week or more after to have sex.
I have read that maybe tight means not aroused loose means aroused but I don't tend to like it or orgasm when its loose or near my period it feels best mid cycle when it feels a little tighter
Is there a reason why?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: How sex feels different times in period cycle?

Unread post by Heather »

Well, for starters, some of the ideas you have about "tight" and "loose" aren't totally on the money. For example, someone can feel vaginal tightness due to lack of arousal, and that doesn't usually feel good if they then engage in anything with vaginal entry. On the other hand, when someone is very highly aroused, it can also feel more taut, but in a way that tends to feel good, not bad or painful.

In terms of how things change regarding your genitals and sex in relationship to menstrual cycles, there are a few different variables there. The position of the cervix, for instance, in terms of how high or low it is changes throughout the cycle (it's typically lowest mid-cycle, and highest at the start and end), varies, and that makes different amounts of room in the vagina, which can be why around your period it feels a little more roomy to you. The changes in hormones can also play a part in how things feel, including the impact those can have on people when it comes to arousal. Cervical mucus and vaginal fluids also change based on the menstrual cycle: mid-cycle, the vaginal environment tends to be more slippery (which is why it can feel better then, though using a lubricant can make it feel that same way at any time in the menstrual cycle). :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Butterfly9
not a newbie

Re: How sex feels different times in period cycle?

Unread post by Butterfly9 »

OK maybe that explains it
Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic