Vestibulitis and treatment

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Alixana
not a newbie
Primary language: Swedish
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Vestibulitis and treatment

Unread post by Alixana »

So I went to a gynocologist today and got diagnosed with vestibulitis (something I already suspected, after doing some reading on the subject).

After the gynocologist examined and diagnosed me, she said that there is little you can do about it, except stop doing the things that hurt (penetration, using tampoons/menstrual cup). I tried to explain that that is pretty much what I've already been doing for a long time, but she just said "lets try this for a couple of months, before we try something else". I asked about treatment with biofeedback techniques, and she said that it has no scientifically proven sucess as a treatment for vestibulit (is that true?). She prescribed Xylocain to use during intercourse (though I had already stated that I haven't had penetrative intercourse for a long time). She mentioned that you could be treated with a special kind of anti-depressants, but since I'm already on some other anti-depressants, she didn't want to do that.

I left feeling disappointed and angry. In part because some of the information she gave me conflicts with what I've read elsewhere, but mostly because the appointment felt so rushed, and she seemed quite uninterested in helping me. She mostly seemed to want to get rid of me.

After I left I realized I don't even know if we will have another appointment or not.

I guess I could have been more assertive, but I was tired and sad and didn't really have the energy for it.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Vestibulit and treatment

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Alixana,

I'm sorry that the appointment felt so disappointing to you and that you didn't feel heard by her. Do you have the option of going to another gynecologist and asking for a second opinion about treatment options?
Alixana
not a newbie
Primary language: Swedish
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Vestibulitis and treatment

Unread post by Alixana »

Sorry for late answer, I have had a busy couple of weeks. I contacted another gynecology clinic yesterday, via mail, and am waiting for an answer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic