Did I get this right?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Calypso
not a newbie

Did I get this right?

Unread post by Calypso »

Was trying to explain to a friend that protection during entire placebo week is dependent on whether you took the previous three weeks' active pills correctly. Not on whether you take the next pack. I am correct right? This is what I understand from your info. I will send her your link too but I wanted to make sure I have this correct. She is pretty adamant I am not. ☺

She wants to know how i can know for sure if i took all the pills correctly. I assume it's if you get your withdrawal bleed per usual.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Did I get this right?

Unread post by Heather »

It depends on both: on the previous active pills in a pack being taken correctly and the next pack being started on time.

Really, how to correctly take any medication she takes isn't something to have a friend do by proxy: instead, she should just follow the directions in the patient leaflet, and then talk to her pharmacist or prescribing physician if she has more questions or any concerns.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Calypso
not a newbie

Unread post by Calypso »

Okay.... I will admit i am confused then. How is it I was safe during my placebo week given that I have gone off the pill altogether after that week?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

We based our answer to you on your specific situation, rather than on broad and general information.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Calypso
not a newbie

Unread post by Calypso »

Oh I see you guys are so good! For a second there I was freaking out that I had not been safe after all. Good to know I was!!!

Can I just say you guys are awesome? I read your post about your motivation for this site and just want to say thank you. I know a lot of us come here pretty desperate and worried and it's great to know there are people who care and know their stuff on the other end. Thank you.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Thanks so much! We're glad to be able to help. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic