I'm bleeding a lot after loosing my virginity

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Emm53
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Straight

I'm bleeding a lot after loosing my virginity

Unread post by Emm53 »

:shock:
Emm53

Re: I'm bleeding a lot after loosing my virginity

Unread post by Emm53 »

Like I just had sex on the 18 at like 3am and it lasted for like an hour. It was my first time & I bled a little during it and a little about an hour afterwards. And now I'm bleeding a lot. And I'm clotting. It's as if I'm on my period. And btw I'm 15.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Menstrual flow does contain blood, but it isn't blood like the other kind in your body, so it can't actually clot. When people are seeing what they think are clots with menstrual flow, they are instead either seeing uterine lining shed in a more solid form, menstrual flow mixed with the thicker discharge and mucus that occurs during that part of the fertility cycle, or both.

Some bleeding can happen with intercourse -- the first time or the 301st -- due to things like a partner not being gentle enough, the person bleeding not having been aroused enough, or lack of lubrication. But when there hasn't been any kind of injury, that is usually only light spotting.

When you say bleeding a lot, can you be more clear for me so I can figure out if we should suggest you go get medical care or not? Is "a lot" about the same as with, say, a normal period you experience, or lighter, or are you talking about a level of bleeding that seems even heavier than, say, the heaviest period you've experienced? Too, did the intercourse hurt a great deal, and did your partner continue even after you told them it hurt and asked them to stop?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Emm53

Unread post by Emm53 »

When we had sex it hurt but not too bad so we kept going & then finally It stopped hurting and it's like I'm on my period but it's a little lighter. I'm anemic too. But it's not making me feel bad as if I'm on my period. Should I just wait it out another other day and see if it quits. Because it's not causing any pain for me I'm just terrified it's not gonna quit bleeding and I'll never be able to have sex again
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Emm.

Do you have any idea of when your period is due?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic