Could a massage be considered sexual?

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Nervousone
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Anything really. I'm not picky!
Sexual identity: Straight

Could a massage be considered sexual?

Unread post by Nervousone »

My boyfriend is a swimmer and a short and long track speed skater. He has a race tonight. Usually after practice and the actual competition, he comes home very sore. I offered to give him a massage after. Also, earlier today, we were talking and no matter what we talked about, the conversation always ended up leading to talking about sex. He said if I want to, we'll put that in our plans for after his race and going out to dinner. I'm just curious, even though the massage is to help him, could it kind of light that spark before sex, and we could just go from there, or is that more or less just depending on the person and how they take it?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Could a massage be considered sexual?

Unread post by Heather »

You've got it right with your last statement there: both from the vantage point of someone giving a massage, and from someone getting one, whether it's sexual or not, or stirs up sexual feelings or not, is situational and individual, just like say, kissing is, or like touching someone's genitals is.

But you know, if you WANT it to be sexual, or it becomes so for you during, you always can just say so and then ask if he wants to engage in more of that with you as a sexual exploration together, or engage in some kind of sex after. But I'd be prepared for him maybe not being the most active lover if he does! After a race, someone is most often seriously exhausted, and just wanting to rest or, if they want to be sexual, probably will be more interested in being sexual in ways that don't ask much of their bodies. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic