Depo provera and unprotected sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Shmd
Awesomeness Quotient: Personality
Primary language: Englisg
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Woman

Depo provera and unprotected sex

Unread post by Shmd »

I'm currently on the depo provera shot, my very first time on birth control. I haven't gotten my period but I heard it's very normal to not get it while on the shot. I've been on the shot for 3-4 weeks now, and started unprotected sex but never let him finish inside me. Should I be worried about getting pregnant? The birth control is 99.97% effective, and I know precum is a real thing. I would just like an opinion as to start worrying, or to not worry. Thank you for your time..
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Depo provera and unprotected sex

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Shmd,

Welcome to the boards. We can't tell you whether to worry or not. That really is about what level of protection makes you feel comfortable. I will say that you want to feel good and at ease when it comes to your birth control.

If he doesn't ejaculate, you are using the withdrawal method in addition to your depo. If you want to see your level of protection you can check that out here:The Buddy System

We do always recommend condoms since they protect against STI's and offer some of the highest levels of protection with paired with other methods.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic