Late period...and never late

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
AnnaJo12345
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She or her
Sexual identity: Straight

Late period...and never late

Unread post by AnnaJo12345 »

Hi all!

Please bear with me as I try to explain this...

I recently started a new birth control pill after extending my placebo week way too long (I know, it's bad). Around the time I was supposed to get my period again, I started this new pack. I knew it was stupid, but my boyfriend was coming in town and I didn't want to have a period while he was here.

I'm new to being sexually active, and actually having a hard time with sex. It's pretty painful for me, but we're bearing with it and trying to make it work. He's amazing and patient, and I'm so lucky for that.

When he was here last weekend (we are long distance and he arrived about a week ago from today), we attempted sex per usual with a condom, but it didn't work (per usual, haha). Even when it doesn't work, we often remain naked in bed. This past weekend, when we were making out, I could feel him a little wet with pre-ejac and am paranoid that that somehow got inside of me. I could kind of feel it, but I'm not sure. We were both naked and though I tried to make sure there was no genital to genital contact, our genitals would touch here and there. He also jokingly rubbed his penis over my gentials (which I bitched him out for). He never fully came around me, but I know pre-ejac is a risk.

Now that he left, I started my placebo week on my pills two days ago and still have not gotten my period. I ALWAYS get my period on the second day I skip my pill, and now I'm not. I have a terrible cold and have been stressed at work, but usually nothing stops my period. Could it be from messing with my pills so much? Could it be a real pregnancy risk? I know that anytime there's genital to gential contact there's a risk for both pregnancy and STIs, but am I wearing myself thin here?

Any help or advice would be great as I wait for this period and freak out. :(
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Late period...and never late

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi AnnaJo,

So, for the pregnancy worries, the place to start is this article: The Pregnancy Panic Companion . I will say that your body may still be adjusting to the pill, and that can affect your cycle. Too, our periods don't always arrive exactly when we expect them to.

I am a little concerned that he rubbed his penis on your genitals when he knew you were not comfortable with it. Does he tend to do "joking" things like around sex often?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic