Love Social Media AND Scarleteen?

Site or organizational updates, like new content, tools or services, activist alerts, news or other Scarleteen-related information.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Love Social Media AND Scarleteen?

Unread post by Redskies »

Do you love social media AND Scarleteen?

Your Scarleteen Needs YOU!

If you've ever done a British History class, you'll know that's a much-repeated formula from 100-year-old propaganda posters. If you haven't, I, er, apologise.

We would especially like to receive volunteer applications from people who'd like to have a focus on social media in their work with us.

You should already have experience operating an account on at least two of the platforms Scarleteen uses: Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook. You should enjoy spending time participating on social media, and want to become familiar with other organisations' and individuals' channels which are related to Scarleteen's work, and to contribute to cultivating Scarleteen's relationships with those channels. You should have a real interest and enthusiasm for sex education; no experience or prior education outside of Scarleteen necessary, but you should be keen and committed to getting that education at Scarleteen. Training will be provided in our missions, educational methods and information, enabling you to assess the quality and suitability of other information and channels.

You won't be required to do the kinds of counselling, listening and advice service that you see on the boards or may have used in any of our direct services; however, the option will be open to you, if you want it, in addition to social media work. You will be expected to participate regularly in our community on the boards and as part of the co-operative Scarleteam.

Under-25s preferred; minimum 13, under-18s need parent/guardian permission. Over 25s considered, as long as you are strongly centred on current youth's expressed realities, needs and interests.

If this sounds like a role for you, please consider submitting a volunteer application: http://www.scarleteen.com/scarleteen_vo ... pplication
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.