Birth Control Blues

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
smile1234
not a newbie

Birth Control Blues

Unread post by smile1234 »

Hi Scarletteen its me again with another birth control pill question. I've been through almost two cycles of the pill (2 active and placebo week left) and in the past 2-3 weeks I've noticed that I've been getting super irritable and crying and getting angry for no reason at all. It's gotten to the point where it's affecting my relationship with my boyfriend because even though he means well he just annoys the heck out of me for no reason. I think that the pills are the main culprit here because mood swings are a side effect, but my question is does that go away or will this pill always make emotionally crazy? I feel like a stranger in my own body and I know I'm hurting my boyfriend by taking it out in him because as hard as he tries he can't understand why I just can't handle these mood swings. Any help?????
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Birth Control Blues

Unread post by Johanna »

I am sorry to hear that the pill is affecting you so much! But the good news is that generally side effects do go away after the first three months or so on the pill. If you're still feeling like this after your third month, though, you'll want to talk to your prescribing doctor about perhaps giving a different brand a try.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
smile1234
not a newbie

Re: Birth Control Blues

Unread post by smile1234 »

okay thank you so much! I hope they go away soon :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic