birth control and other medications

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Questionss
not a newbie

birth control and other medications

Unread post by Questionss »

So ive been on 28 day birth control for 4 months. I was on antibiotics for about a week this month because i got my wisdom teeth out. My period came at the beginning of my third active week and lasted for about 6 days. Today is the 5th day of the placebo pill. I was at my boyfriends and we were both in our underwear. He picked me up and his penis definitely touched my vagina area. So i know that you are still protected from pregnancy even on your placebo week but would i still be protected since i was on antibiotics this month?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: birth control and other medications

Unread post by Heather »

As I understand it, you're asking about dry humping, which does not pose pregnancy risks in the first place.

In other words, you don't have to worry about possible interactions with your pill here, because you haven't engaged in the kind of sex that creates a risk for your pill to prevent in the first place, something we've already discussed with you in previous posts.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Questionss
not a newbie

So even if his penis was out of his underwear is it still considered dry humping? I was just concerned because my period came early even tho i took every pill in this pack and always around the same time
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

As I think we have explained before, and our articles on the main site on this stuff explain, if even only one partner has clothing covering their genitals, it's all good, and pregnancy isn't a thing even remotely likely to happen.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Questionss
not a newbie

Ok thank you! Also i appreciate the very quick replies i always receive on this site. Its great!
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

You're welcome. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic