Period question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
chalk
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Period question

Unread post by chalk »

Hello again, Scarleteen!
I know periods tend to be irregular (mine have always been), but I was wondering if it was normal that I get one when I've had it only 3 weeks ago.
I was supposed to get it in January (17th or something), but I didn't, and it came on February 5th, I think. It was finally normal and lasted for 5-6 days. A few days ago I came down with really bad flu, so last night when I spotted blood drops on the toilet paper I was sure it has to do with the illness. But today when I woke up I found out I got my period. I think. It's heavy bleeding and all. My stomach does not hurt like it usually does on my first day, though, but I wouldn't find it weird if it wasn't for the fact that I'm having 2 periods in February! Could it be that various meds I have to take for the flu have to do with it? Or this is just the usual period randomness?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period question

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Chalk,

Given that your cycle is pretty irregular, the most likely explanation is that's what's going on now. Irregularity can go both ways, meaning sometimes it comes a little early and sometimes it comes late.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic