Potential pregnancy risks

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
nathhriviera
Pronouns: she/her

Potential pregnancy risks

Unread post by nathhriviera »

Hi,

My boyfriend told me, some weeks ago, that he found some of his pubic hair inside the condom after we had sexual intercourse. I was a bit scared, but he didn't ejaculate at all - he only told me that was some fluids inside the condom, probably pre-seminal fluids. The condom wasn't apparently broken.

Can pubic hair cause a potential leak?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Potential pregnancy risks

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi nathhriviera,

Nope, contact with pubic hair is not going to cause a tear in a condom. If it did pose that risk, that'd be a pretty big design flaw for something that comes into contact with pubic hair at every use. More than that, condoms are designed to hold up to quite a bit of friction and stretch, so something soft like pubic hair just isn't going to get through them.

Too, if something HAD caused the condom to break, it would have been noticeable. When a condom breaks, it's a big enough tear that it will be easy to see, and sometimes one or both partners feel it happen.
nathhriviera

Unread post by nathhriviera »

Thanks for the answer, Sam! To be honest, i am a lil worried about the hair creating a gap at the base, leading to a leak. This also can't happen?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

That's correct! If you think about the base of a condom, the ring there takes at least a little force to be able to stretch open, and pubic hair just can't apply that kind of force.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic