guy im my class

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Ms. Candy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my vibe
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her/They/Them
Sexual identity: Demiromantic

guy im my class

Unread post by Ms. Candy »

I need advice about asking out my classmate who i’ve never really spoken to all year long. we’re both seniors and our last day of class is in 2 weeks. Again, the only time we’ve really spoken was indirectly when we went on a feild trip with other classes and my guy friend who was sitting with me started talking to him and introducing himself and me. The guy I like responded with “oh I already know (my name) she’s in another class with me”.

That’s really it as far as our interactions and I think asking him out so close to graduation would be good because of what might happen if he says no. Im not even sure if he has a partner.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: guy im my class

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Ms. Candy,

When you think about getting to know this person and potentially dating him, do you feel like you'd prefer to take the route where you get to know him and maybe be his friend first and then reevaluate to see if you still want to date him? Or do you like the idea of just going straight to asking him out on a date?
Ms. Candy
not a newbie

Id like to be friends and get to know them more of course.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay! In that case, it often makes the most sense to invite the person to spend time with you, or with a group of your friends. You can pick something pretty casual and low stakes so that, and figure that if they're not interested, then you have your answer.
Ms. Candy
not a newbie

Sure, but how would I go about it? what would I start with when I go up to them?
Willa
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Unread post by Willa »

Hi Ms. Candy!

Do you have any mutual friends? Mutual friends can be a great way to organize something in a group so you can get to know each other. Maybe the male friend you spoke about in your first post? Like Sam said something casual and low stakes is always good for a first hang, like getting some ice cream/grabbing food after school. Whatever you feel like would be most fun and comfortable for you. Does this seem like something you could do?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic