Phimosis and condoms

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
El000
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Phimosis and condoms

Unread post by El000 »

Hello,
I'm pretty sure my boyfirend has a phimosis, we actually never discussed this (will do soon) but I think i recognize some signis, for example while giving him an hand job the top of the penis is always covered by skin and it doesn't seem easy to pull it down.
This doesn't seem to give him pain and he can definitely cum without any problem.
My question is: does a phimosis increase the risk of a condom failing? I've read online that it could make it silip off and I'm quite concerned about this...
Thank you and sorry for the bad English, it's not my first language
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Phimosis and condoms

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi El000, your English is great by the way!
Ah, I hear your concern. While it is advised to pull foreskin all the way back before putting on a condom, it's not necessary and the inability to won't make the condom fail. Condoms usually slip because they're too big or when the erection is lost, and break when there's not enough lubrication or they're too small. If you make sure to use the right size, and follow the other instructions such as leaving space at the end, you shouldn't encounter those issues!
I hope that helps but let me know if you have more questions :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic