Brief contact and possible precum situation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
hedera
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Brief contact and possible precum situation

Unread post by hedera »

Hi again!

I'll try to keep this relatively short. My partner and I were 'having fun' in bed together, both naked. We were at it for quite a while. At one point, I *think* I saw precum on his penis (not sure, but it was a slightly wet spot close to the tip, so I assume it was). Maybe 20 minutes later, he rubbed against my thighs. Everything seemed dry, but we were still trying to be careful about the proximity.
However, for a brief moment (probably less than a second) his tip touched my vulva, I'd say around the clit/somewhere in the middle, not really at the opening. We both immediately pulled away, and again, I do think it was dry at that point. We were careful not to do it again afterwards.

I'm sure he urinated since his last ejaculation, and he didn't ejaculate at any point during our time together. I'm aware nobody can say for sure, but would you say this is a low chance of pregnancy, just so I know whether I should be worried?

Thanks in advance for answering!
OrionRay
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a good author!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/They
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Brief contact and possible precum situation

Unread post by OrionRay »

Hi! There is no risk of pregnancy in this situation, because there was no semen present, nor did semen get into the vagina. Check out this link for more information! https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... _companion
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Brief contact and possible precum situation

Unread post by Sam W »

I do want to clarify what Orion said; pre-ejaculate can pose a risk if there's direct contact between it and the vulva or vagina. But in this specific situation, given how brief the contact was and the fact there may not have been pre-ejaculate present at that point, I would say the risk here is close to zero.

That being said, if you two are hoping to avoid pregnancy, this kind of activity where you're both naked and being physically intimate may not be the best choice, since contact with pre-ejaculate is more likely in this scenario and is something that can pose a risk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic