Condom question

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
ICantThink
not a newbie

Condom question

Unread post by ICantThink »

My boyfriend and I had sex the other day and when he went to tie the condom he said some of the sperm got on his hand but he didn't know if it was because there was a hole in the condom or if he squeezed it (it was dark so we couldn't really see it)

We tried to whole water test, but he had already tied it and couldn't get it untied so we eventually just stopped trying to test it. He had squeezed the bottom of it and nothing came out, and I'm on birth control that I take correctly so this isn't a pregnancy scare thing.

My question is would you be able to tell if it broke during sex? I hear from people that you can tell and some saying that you can't. I'm not wondering about if he can tell, but if we both can. Say for instance that it does break and he doesn't notice, will I be able to?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Condom question

Unread post by Eddie C »

When a condom breaks is going to be absolutely visible, like when a balloon pops. No way to go unnoticed.

Testing condoms with water is something that shouldn't be done. Condoms are made to hold sperm, not lots of water. Chances are that when you test a condom with water it might break, even if it didn't during sex.
ICantThink
not a newbie

Unread post by ICantThink »

So Id be able to tell even if for some reason he couldnt that it broke during sex?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Yes. Again, it would be very visible. It would be totally torn.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic