When to take pregnancy test with irregular periods

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dannie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a great listener
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

When to take pregnancy test with irregular periods

Unread post by Dannie »

Hello I was wondering when can I take a pregnancy test if I have irregular periods? The last time I had sex was february 4th and my last period started January 29th and ended on the 2nd of february.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: When to take pregnancy test with irregular periods

Unread post by Heather »

It takes a couple weeks to get to the point of a pregnancy where (if it's going to happen at all), implantation has happened and then the hormone the tests read for, HcG, starts to be produced. So, you want to wait at least two weeks to test from your risk, and better still, give it one more week after that to be sure you get a result you can really count on. If you want to test right at those 14 days, you can buy a two pack and text at 14 days, and if it's negative, test again in two or three weeks to be sure, especially if you don't get a period, even though normally missing a period like that might not be unusual for you.

For more: Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic