The Room of Great Distraction

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Bonthrop
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer/poly

Re: The Room of Great Distraction

Unread post by Bonthrop »

I clean my fish tank! I also find the interactiveness of video games really distracting.
Kaizen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I've kept a journal for thirteen years so far
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Kaizen »

Cleaning something where you can see it coming clean is definitely a great distraction! It's sometimes hard work, and you can feel like you're accomplishing something.
FairyEve
not a newbie

Unread post by FairyEve »

I enjoy watching Netflix and I'm starting a new hobby to make bracelets and jewelry. So, when I watch a show or movie on Netflix I am weaving string in and out to make a colour design for a bracelet.

I am training my puppy and I cuddle with him all the time on the couch (he seems to enjoy it) and going for walks with him.

Sometimes, when I want to get out of the apartment when I am feeling crappy, is I take long bus rides around the city. I find it relaxing and I listen to the radio for entertainment. I come back feeling much better.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Fairy: I used to do that with the bus or train when I lived urban myself, and agreed, that's a great one! Also: prime people watching!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic