Query about sex and pregnancy

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Dhruval
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him

Query about sex and pregnancy

Unread post by Dhruval »

Me and my girlfriend had sex. After a few minutes she wanted a break so I took off the condom. The entire length of my dick was wet with precum after that. Then I put on a new condom, we had sex again, and when I pulled out, before cumming, I noticed that my entire length of dick was not covered by condom. The last 10-15% from base was uncovered, which was wet with precum earlier. Can anyone suggest if she can get pregnant with this or not?
Nadine E.
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Query about sex and pregnancy

Unread post by Nadine E. »

Hi there Dhruval,

Welcome to the boards! From what you've shared, it sounds like there is a chance of pregnancy, but a low one. The chances would also be impacted by where your girlfriend is in her cycle.
Dhruval
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him

Unread post by Dhruval »

Thanks for the warm welcome. She was fertile as per her periods cycle. We did talk about it. She suggested that we should not panic right now and wait for her next period cycle, as the chances are very low. And then do something if needed. Can you suggest what should we do?
Last edited by Dhruval on Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Dhruval,

I do want to point out that unless she's tracking her cycle consistently and with things like basal body temperature and cervical mucous, her knowledge of where she is in her cycle is probably pretty limited (since a lot of cycle tracker apps don't ask for all the relevant information). Too, how much time passed between you stopping intercourse the first time and starting it the second time?

If she's comfortable with the level of risk, then all you can do is wait for either her next period or for enough time to pass to take a pregnancy test, since those would be the ways to get an answer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic