Ex

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Ms. Candy
Awesomeness Quotient: my vibe
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her/They/Them
Sexual identity: Demiromantic

Ex

Unread post by Ms. Candy »

I had a long distance boyfriend for about 7 months and sometime in june of last year we ended things on so so terms, yet both of us left with the mindset of “maybe” we could continue our relationship in the future. A maybe was explicitly stated when we ended our relationship.

In 2024 of February after many months of no contact I wished him a happy early birthday (the day before as I didn’t know how my message would affect him). He said thank you the next morning and that was that.

Around 2 or 3 weeks later I find out he blocked me and my friend on everything.

Then another 3 weeks later I woke up one morning to see he added me on an alt account. I waited a week before adding or accepting and decided to accept it and sent him a message of only “?”.

Its been a week since I added him and there’s still no response yet I see he’s changed his profile picture on his main account.

Did he maybe give up and doesn’t bother to check the account because of how long I took to decide or..
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Ex

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Ms. Candy.

I understand why you sent him a question mark, this is some confusing behavior! I can't say for sure why this boy hasn't responded to you- he could have forgotten to check that account, he might not know how to respond, or he might have stopped checking after some time, as you said... Whatever his reasons are, this isn't your fault. It seems to me that he should give you an explanation for blocking you all of a sudden, and then adding you on this alt account.

How do you feel about all this?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic