I don't know if I'm orgasaming

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
claudebunnies
Awesomeness Quotient: I like cool insects
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/he
Sexual identity: Bi

I don't know if I'm orgasaming

Unread post by claudebunnies »

When I masturbate I rub myself primarily. I've never climaxed with penetration. it feels good all the way through. I've learned where is sensitive and what I like. The problem comes when I can feel myself reaching what I think is climax. My legs get shakyish and I feel it feel good but there's no white light or huge pleasurable moment, it's just rising and then I think I climax but it doesn't feel as satisfying as I think it's supposed to. When I'm done, I'm sensitive but can sometimes just go again and then I become frustrated with the feeling a bit How do I know what a real climax looks or feels like?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I don't know if I'm orgasaming

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi claudebunnies,

Something that often gets left out in discussions of orgasm is that how one feels can vary not only from person to person, but for a given person from day to day. So people end up assuming that if they don't experience this massive, intense reaction, then what they felt couldn't possibly be an orgasm. But from what we know about sexual response, some orgasms can feel pretty mild, even underwhelming if we're expecting a big, intense sensation.

From your description, it sounds like you might already be experiencing orgasm, at least some of the time. If you look at how orgasm is described here, does it seem like you've experienced something similar? Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic