Taking combined pills back-to-back

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Terrencexyk11

Taking combined pills back-to-back

Unread post by Terrencexyk11 »

Hi, my girlfriend took her cocp for 3 months back-to-back to avoid her period because she was on holiday during both of her "expected flow". Would taking 3 packs back-to-back affect contraception? We have been having unprotected sex and recently she have been feeling nauseous. Im worried.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Taking combined pills back-to-back

Unread post by Redskies »

Taking packs back-to-back won't have an effect on contraceptive coverage.

If you - or she, or both - don't feel secure enough using just her pill, maybe you'd both like to use another method as well? We do suggest dual contraception for people who really do not want to become pregnant or co-create a pregnancy. Condoms, for example, also reduce the risk of STI transmission. Are you both up-to-date with your sexual healthcare?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Terrencexyk11

Re: Taking combined pills back-to-back

Unread post by Terrencexyk11 »

Yes, both of us are "clean". Thanks for reassuring me that there's no effect on the contraceptive coverage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic