Weird Period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
watermeloncraze

Weird Period

Unread post by watermeloncraze »

I was two days late for my last vaccination. But, lately I'm worried about being pregnant. I've been getting spots which appear to be old blood but, I'm a bit worried. I haven't gotten much spotting and I'm not exactly sure what it is. So I just want to know what the spotting is and should I be alright?
Last edited by watermeloncraze on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Weird Period

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi watermeloncraze,

So, this type of sex always poses some risk, and the only way to know for certain if you're pregnant is to take a test. But if you've been using depo and withdrawl, your chances of pregnancy are incredibly, incredibly low (you can read about the effectiveness level here: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method )

We can't tell you for certain what the spotting might be, although unexpected spotting is a side-effect of depo, so that could very well be what's going on here. If you're not up to date on your STI testing, you may want to also have those done as well, because spotting can sometimes be an indicator of infection.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic