Being safe

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
wildprincess
not a newbie

Being safe

Unread post by wildprincess »

Hello!

So according to my ovulation calendar, I am supposed to ovulate sometime this week, about 4 days later.

A few days ago, I messed around with my boyfriend and I'm sure that the pregnancy risk is low. I've read extensively and have concluded the risk is minimal at best.

Tomorrow I'm going over to my boyfriends house and we are going to be alone. I am sure that things are going to happen but what I wanted to ask was how to be safe when doing all these?

I do not want to be a teen mother and am looking to be as safe as possible. No we are not going to have sex. The further is probably oral sex. I am concerned that precum or cum will somehow find its way in me when we are in the heat of the moment during fingering or some other act.

How can I prevent this and make sure that what I am doing is no risk (or very very very low risk)?

Thank you in advance! :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Being safe

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi WildPrincess,

In terms of ovulation, are you tracking your cycle only by counting days? If so, it may not be the most accurate count. I think you may also find this piece helpful:
Let's Dial Down Some (Maybe) Ovulation Freakouts

As for minimizing risks, we actually have a piece that's all about the types of sexual activity with no pregnancy risks: NO Pregnancy Risks
wildprincess
not a newbie

Re: Being safe

Unread post by wildprincess »

Thank you for your prompt reply :) it was very informative.

Also may I ask, if I engage in dry sex and my partner precums, will the wet spot in his underwear pose as a pregnancy risk? Does clothing in general act as a barrier for sperm cells and stop thier journey? Furthermore will have underwear and pants on both individuals and be rubbing or having dry sex be considered safe?

Manual sex seems to not be a risk. However what if there were the presence of precum? I'm sorry for asking so many question. Just confused!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic