Mom wants me to start my pills but...

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
nokatprotested
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Mom wants me to start my pills but...

Unread post by nokatprotested »

Okay so according to Scarleteen, I have no risk of pregnancy because we kept our clothes on, but my period still hasn't started.

Here's some info about me if needed:
A few weeks ago (July 22), during the week my calculator apps say should have been my fertile week, my boyfriend and I were making out fully clothed (him -17- wearing jeans and cotton briefs, although the tip of his penis may not have been in the pants because his pants slide down easily and I -16- in cotton panties with khaki pants fully on) with my legs wrapped around his hips while laying down with me slightly on top of him. There may have been some grinding between us during this but not really enough to be considered dry humping. I am pretty sure he got an erection during this but I don't think he ejaculated (but who knows...he may have without me noticing). Anyway, I was not concerned about this until I missed my period this month (It is about a week or so late now). My periods are fairly irregular and I have nearly all the symptoms of PCOS (including a family history).
Because of these irregular periods, my doctor gave me oral birth control to begin when my next period starts, but it hasn't yet. My mom wants me to start the pills tonight, but I'm so scared my period could be missing because I got pregnant. I know PCOS can cause irregular periods but 1. I've never totally missed a period before, 2. I haven't actually been diagnosed with PCOS, and 3. I have read that pregnancy can occur even with pants on. Could you please help me quickly? I only have until 8:00 tonight before my mom makes me start my pills...I'm terrified. I don't know if I should tell my mom I can't start my pills or what...
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Mom wants me to start my pills but...

Unread post by Heather »

We've set limits with pregnancy discussions with you already that I need for you to remember and respect. We're not going to talk with you anymore about what we already have per what does and doesn't pose risks of pregnancy, or your concerns about currently being pregnant. If you want to read that information again, you can review the answers we have already given you and the links our answers have also included.

If you want to address a fear you may be pregnant, then you'll need to take your own next steps and either take a pregnancy test yourself or discuss this with your healthcare provider (who, by the by, would not be giving you a prescription for the pill in the first place if they were not absolutely sure you were not currently pregnant).

When you start your pills needs to be based in what direction your prescribing physician gave you per starting them. If your mother isn't respecting that, and is suggesting you take a medication counter to how your doctor suggested, then you'll need to set a limit with her around it and stand up for yourself with this. If, on the other hand, starting them tonight is what your doctor also suggested, then it is best you start them as directed by your doctor. The way to take any medication is always the way a prescribing physician has recommended.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic