Trimmed my pubic hair and now it's too short?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Anonymous88
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm pretty open? haha
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Trimmed my pubic hair and now it's too short?

Unread post by Anonymous88 »

So I just trimmed my pubic hair. Since I live in Thailand (where the average daily temperature is 30 degrees celsius), having long pubes can be really irritating. However, I think I may have cut them too short :C When I walk, or even turn over or move my legs, the hairs scratch against my area and inner thighs. It really hurts sometimes, as the ends of the hairs are quite sharp after you cut them. So much so that they POKE THROUGH my underwear! Clearance-wise, it feels awesome. It's short and manageable, and I don't have the Amazon Rainforest between my legs when I wear bikini bottoms. It's just the irritation and pain when the hairs poke against my legs and vagina.

I guess what I'm asking is: is there any way I could reduce the pain/dull the ends of the hairs so it hurts less when they make contact with skin? ((I've tried conditioner, but it didn't really do much)).
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Trimmed my pubic hair and now it's too short?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Anonymous,

Part of it may be you'll just have to wait until the hair grows out a little bit. You could also try aloe vera or similar on your legs on the parts where the hair is rubbing to help soothe the irritation.
taylor_alyse
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: What's not awesome??
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Re: Trimmed my pubic hair and now it's too short?

Unread post by taylor_alyse »

Hi Anonymous88!

Sam is likely right. Baby powder or coconut oil might also feel nice, depending on your preference.

I wanted to write and add-- in my experience, hair poking through your underwear is normal! Waiting until the hair is a bit longer, or trimming it a bit shorter, might minimalize this, but for those of us with thick hair, it just happens!
Nothing happens in the "real" unless it first happens in the images in our heads -Gloria Anzaldúa
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic