Share your story.

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
nokatprotested
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Share your story.

Unread post by nokatprotested »

I feel like although many people read the facts on this site and know in their head there is no risk of pregnancy from the activities they participate in, there's still that "what if" factor. Maybe if we all came together and told our stories and the outcomes/progress made, it will help some users of this site, including myself, to finally be at peace with sexual choices. Hearing about people who did the same thing as you and had a good outcome will definitely help, I think. I'll start.

Hi, I'm Kat. I'm 16, from Arkansas, and have been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now. Recently, we've began experimenting with some sexual activities, but due to our strong southern baptist morals, refuse to actually participate in sex until marriage. We mainly dry hump with me wearing leggings and both of us wear underwear. He also wears jeans but they often get pulled down do they don't do much. This has been happening for 4 months and every month I've suffered from severe anxiety as a result of out intimacy. Dry sex just feels so real sometimes, ya know? One month I even had some spotting and my period was later than usual, which was very weird for me so I was convinced completely I was pregnant. But, gladly, I have had my period every month.

Finally I found Scarleteen and my anxiety had been greatly reduced by the facts this website has provided me. It would make me feel so much better to hear stories like mine from other people. What's your story? How did you deal with the "what if" thoughts? Thank you and good luck!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Share your story.

Unread post by Heather »

It might help to recognize that dry sex IS real, in that it is as real a way to have sex as any other.

So, someone with big value or belief conflicts about sex will usually feel stressed and strained about engaging in sex, and that can often - we've seen this here a lot- manifest itself in pregnancy scares.

So, perhaps you might want to check in with yourself about if this kind of sex, any kind, is really right for you OR if the values you have around it are?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Share your story.

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hey nokatprotested,

Other users had a similar thought as you! Why don't you check out this thread? http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1892

A couple of other users have already posted and you might find it helpful as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic