UTI? STD?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
adip0se
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my blue eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: pansexual

UTI? STD?

Unread post by adip0se »

I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend yesterday and we used a condom. I forgot to pee afterwards, but now I'm having this weird feeling in my vagina (or something, i can't exactly pin point it). It only happens when I pee. I really can't describe it much past that. Almost like there's something there, but not exactly. It's not necessarily painful though. Also, I don't feel it any other time except for when I'm peeing. Any ideas?
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: UTI? STD?

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi adip0se,

It is not unusual to experience some irritation after sex, especially if there was not enough lubrication involved. Since you are not 100% clear on the sensation I would recommend that you check in with your doctor if it continues after a few days and/or you begin to experience new symptoms. I'd also suggest you and your partner make STI screening part of your healthcare if you haven't already done so :)

Let me know if you need anymore info.
adip0se
not a newbie

Unread post by adip0se »

I'm not sure why I said STI as an option. My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 1/2 years and both of us are clean.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

So, you've both recently been tested then? Mind, vulval or vaginal pain are not common things people experience with most infections, and with those that can cause it, that symptom will tend to only occur after an infection has been present for some time, not immediately. But I just wanted to make sure STI testing has happened recently if you're assuming STIs aren't a possibility: a lot of people assume that without anyone having been recently tested to know.

(Just FYI, we like to ask people to consider using a term besides "clean" to describe having negative STI results, since people with sexually transmitted illness aren't unclean, just people with an illness. If you want some suggestions, both clear or negative seem to work just fine, and lack stigma. :))

In the event this isn't an infection, there can be some other reasons for this, like having a latex allergy or sensitivity, not having used enough lubricant, or just plain overdoing it.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
adip0se
not a newbie

Unread post by adip0se »

Thanks :) and no, we have never been tested we are both each others first and only partners.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Okay. So, if neither of you has had other intimate contact (not talking about things like hugs or kisses, talking genital contact) with any other people besides each other, than besides something like oral Herpes, your STI risks are very low, and this probably has nothing to do with an STI. But again, it probably wouldn't anyway.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
dday76
not a newbie
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: cis straight

Unread post by dday76 »

Also consider he probably had the same feeling. Even with protection, there are a lot of juices flowing around and they can stop up the works a bit. It's not exactly a sexy conversation, but it's a good excuse to be more open about what you're feeling. Openness can lead to all sorts of other good things.
sexuality, including the emotional, interpersonal, and biological functions, implications, risks, and opportunities, are almost entirely mysterious to humans in the absence of clear, candid, science-based, and compassionate education;
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic