Anal Sex question!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
thinkmcflythink
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She, Her, etc.
Sexual identity: Cis gender, heterosexual female

Anal Sex question!

Unread post by thinkmcflythink »

Hey Scarleteen!

I just have a quick question relating to anal sex and pregnancy risk. I'm pretty positive I'll be fine but I just would like some confirmation. I had anal sex, which was great, he had a condom on the whole time. It did break once, but it was very clearly in my rectum hole and he put one on again right after. He ejaculated into a trash can and no where near me. I take birth control everyday, I've never missed a pill in a very long time. What are my risks, if any of pregnancy? Should I go get emergency contraception?
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Anal Sex question!

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hello,

Please note we ask users with pregnancy scares to start here http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=198

Unprotected anal sex (when the condom broke) presents a small risk of pregnancy but not likely one. Since he did not ejaculate and you are also protected by your pill, essential using two methods to prevent pregnancy, those chances are even slimmer.

You can check out this article to know how effective combining two methods are here and see how comfortable you are with those numbers:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexua ... ol_with_a_
thinkmcflythink
not a newbie

Thanks so much! Also, partially for future reference, since I am already on a hormonal birth control if I were to take an emergency contraceptive as well, can I take my pills as normal?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Since you're on the pill already, as long as you've been taking it like directed there's no need for you to take EC as well; it's not going to do anything your pill isn't doing already. Taking it as well won't give you extra protection.
thinkmcflythink
not a newbie

With that in mind, I have purchased a pregnancy test. Since I am on the pill and it is a 28 day pack, should I take it when I would be on my non-hormonal pills and or when my period would be expected or wait longer? I have secondary amenorrhea and do not get periods at all so I'm not exactly sure when I should take something like that for best accuracy.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Pregnancy tests can be taken after 14 days of the risk or when a period is missing, whatever comes first. If you usually don't get periods then the 14 days wait can be your cue. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic