It hurts when I pee

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
carolina0323
Primary language: english/spanish
Pronouns: me/him
Sexual identity: heterosexual

It hurts when I pee

Unread post by carolina0323 »

I had sex for the first time on Friday. I got pains in the middle of my thighs which I understand because my legs aren't used to being open for such a long time. The pain in my thighs has gone away, but when I pee it hurts alot. Like the area around my clit hurts when I pee. Is that normal or should I be worried? :roll:
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: It hurts when I pee

Unread post by Heather »

Given it is now Tuesday, if it remains painful, I would advise checking in with a healthcare provider. The most likely culprit here is a urinary tract infection. Those are usually very easily treated, but you do want to treat them fast to keep them from spreading to the bladder and kidneys.

Do you know where to get healthcare near you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: It hurts when I pee

Unread post by Jacob »

Hope you are ok!

It is also worth knowing that anyone can get a UTI, sex or no. So you don't need to disclose... If that makes seeing a doctor easier.

Plus it sounds like you might have also been having sex in an uncomfortable way... and that sucks. It doesn't have to be like that. Do you think you would do things differently next time?
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic