Period question

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
missmariah
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have A.D.D but I won't let it define who I am.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Period question

Unread post by missmariah »

Hey Scarleteen!

I just have a quick question about my period.

So I've been on bcp for three years and I've always gotten my period on a Tuesday. About two months ago, I was diagnosed with a uti and my doctor put me on some antibiotics. Now for the past two months, my period has come on a Wednesday instead of a Tuesday. Do you think that's because of the antibiotics? and will my period ever go back to a Tuesday? Because I kinda got used to it on a Tuesday and now this whole Wednesday thing is throwing me and my period app off, lol. I must sound crazy to you guys, because I should be happy that I'm getting my period but I miss it on a Tuesday lol. Any information will help! Thanks in advance.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period question

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi missmariah,

So, we can't really say why your cycle seems to have shifted. But, what we do know is that it's pretty normal to experience some variation in your cycle from time to time, even if you've been having your period for years. You body might stay on the current schedule for awhile and then shift again.

Too, if you want to track your cycles accurately, you need a tracker that also has you do things like take your temperature and track your cervical mucus. If you're interested in learning more about that, this is a helpful article: Get With the Flow: All About FAM
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic