Am I intersex?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
kaleidoscope
Primary language: english
Pronouns: any
Sexual identity: gay-oriented aroace

Am I intersex?

Unread post by kaleidoscope »

First of all, if I am I think that's awesome, so I see no issue but I'm curious (I think I actually just want to be because I'm transmasc, but anyway). Oh and I'm not on any HRT or anything

Soo I've finally seen someone else's clit (which seemed to be flat), which has got me thinking I'm intersex. I think my clit is quite big, because it sticks out of my labia majora and it can get hard (it's still squishy but there's a hard thing in there when I'm aroused, I think that's how penises work too?). I've also just realised that urethras are supposed to be underneath clits but mine is in that same thing I call my clit, like I can piss it of it like a penis. And foreskin? I think there's kind of foreskin that goes all the way around my clit and I can peel it back and there's my urethra, and it doesn't seem to be like that in diagrams of vulvas. Although if I peel back the foreskin and touch the tip it just hurts, so I think that bit's different to a penis. But I can masturbate by rubbing the foreskin bit itself (and the rest of it)

The other thing is I feel like I have a prostate, because anal feels better than vaginal. My ass is so sensitive that even shitting is pleasurable lol. But apparently you're supposed to be able to feel around and find your prostate and it's an almond shape thing, and I haven't found that, but I also only recently started looking.

So yeah, any thoughts? Am I just overthinking this because I *want* to be intersex or is this actually something?
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Am I intersex?

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi there, kaleidoscope, welcome to the boards!

You know, without being able to see (and without being medical professionals) we can't give an answer to whether you're intersex or not. So anything I say here, please don't take as medical advice, and please do consult an expert if you can/want to! This is just my opinion coming from a sex educator and using your description.

That all being said, it sounds like what you're describing is your clitoral hood, which is actually pretty much foreskin. Some people's is larger than others, so what you saw in someone else sounds like they just have a smaller one with less skin (also, when your body is aroused it will swell up and you the skin will pull back - pretty much just like a penis!) so maybe that was also a factor.

It makes sense that when you pull the hood back and touch the tip of the clitoris, it would feel bizarre, because it interacts with over 15,000 nerve endings. Is it painful, or just very sensitive?

The similarities to a penis are real because before we're born, until about the sixth week of our lives as an embryo, our sexual organs were slightly developed, but completely the same no matter our sex or gender. The clitoris is made of the same sort of erectile tissue that the head of a penis has.

Regarding anal feeling pleasurable, you can actually stimulate the "G spot" -which is part of the internal clitoris- from inside your rectum, since it is quite large (we only see the very tip on the outside). So for this reason, anal stimulation is not only pleasurable for people with a penis, but can be for pretty much everyone.

All this is not to say "no, you're not intersex" but to provide some clarity on the points you brought up that make you suspicious of it. I'm also adding a link to Betty Dodson's vulva illustrations which show a variety of vulvas with different size clitoral hoods, and an article on the anatomy of the vagina and clitoris. I hope this helped - please let me know if you have any other questions!

Betty Dodson's Vulva Illustrations
Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic