Insecurity about size

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
cool-person-22
Awesomeness Quotient: I play guitar
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Insecurity about size

Unread post by cool-person-22 »

Hi. I'm slightly insecure about my size...down there. I am 18, and I'm probably about average (I never had it measured though). I have never been in a relationship, and am kind of worried that when I start one, I won't be enough to satisfy my partner. Is there any advice you could give me?
Willa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Re: Insecurity about size

Unread post by Willa »

Hi Cool-person-22, Welcome to the Boards!

What you are experiencing is unfortunately a relatively common aspect of growing up and becoming comfortable with one's sexuality. Due to things like sexist body standards, depictions in media, or just societal myths- many people are often left unfairly comparing aspects of their bodies to what they have seen or heard.

When it comes to something like penis size, you will find in real life there is an incredible diversity of sizes and looks. There is no one size that automatically means you will be able to succeed or fail at pleasuring your partner. Sex between two people is much more personal than a list of certain size body parts. People at every size are able to find partners and engage in pleasurable sexuality activity, and it has a lot more to do with communication and trust. One source that discusses this topic more is https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... ze_lowdown. Does this all make sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic